Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to power down C97 just restarts
09-09-17, 04:21 PM
Unable to power down C97 just restarts
This spring I had the Control knob and keypad replaced since it was malfunctioning, since then I have been unable to power down my MFD. Every time you attempt to power down the MFD it just restarts. I wait for the count down when it looks like it is going to shut down, the unit just restarts. What can be going wrong?

~Jon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-17, 01:36 PM
RE: Unable to power down C97 just restarts
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jon,

The reported problem may result from incorrectly powering down the MFD via its button, old software installed within the MFD, or a problem with the MFD's circuitry. It is recommended that you begin by verifying that the MFD has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software update. If so, then the power-down procedure would call for the MFD's POWER button held in the pressed position until the MFD's power-off countdown completes and the MFD displays the LightHouse splash screen ... then immediately release the MFD's POWER button. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would appear that the MFD has suffered a failure of its circuitry and should be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply