Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dock to Dock routing problem
09-11-17, 10:35 AM
Dock to Dock routing problem
I have an e95 chartplotter, Navionics+ chip and Ev-100 wheel pilot on my boat. I tried dock to dock routing for the first time last weekend. The e95 plotted a route that showed exactly what I would have done manually, so that part worked fine. I told it to follow the route and all went well for the first 30 minutes or so. Then the boat wandered off the route and I had to go to standby to avoid running aground. When I restarted the route, it wanted to do a 180° turn to go back so I gave up.
1. Any suggestions as to why it would lose the route along the way?
2. If it does wander off course and needs to be restarted, what should one do? Should it pick up the route again, or will it try to go back to the start?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-12-17, 02:27 PM
RE: Dock to Dock routing problem
Welcome to the Raymarine

Q1. When I restarted the route, it wanted to do a 180° turn to go back so I gave up.
A1. Commanding the MFD to follow a route will essentially cause it to begin following from the route's first waypoint. When desiring to resume following from some other point of the route, touch the waypoint that you first desire to navigate to and the Waypoint's menu will be displayed. Within the More Options of this menu, you will find the FOLLOW FROM HERE option.

Q2. Any suggestions as to why it would lose the route along the way?
A2. Other than an inadvertent button press or the EV-1 CCU experiencing a large change in deviation due to a change in the magnetic field within the EV-1's installation location, I can't offer any other reasons that this may occur.

Q3. If it does wander off course and needs to be restarted, what should one do? Should it pick up the route again, or will it try to go back to the start?
A3. See the response to Q1.
09-13-17, 08:16 AM (This post was last modified: 09-13-17 08:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks- I will try again this weekend on our next cruise.
Also- once again, I did not receive a notification of a reply to my post even though I subscribed to receive notifications. This has happened frequently (but not always) with this forum.
09-13-17, 08:57 AM
You're welcome. I have verified that e-mail responses are indeed being sent.
09-13-17, 11:26 AM
(09-13-17 08:57 AM)Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator Wrote:  You're welcome. I have verified that e-mail responses are indeed being sent.

I got the notification for this message, but definitely did not get a notification for the last message you posted. That has been my experience that sometimes I get them and sometimes I don't.
09-13-17, 11:50 AM
Noted. I did make a change within your profile to be notified immediately via e-mail of posts to your threads.