Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Besides converter kit what cables needed Seatalk - Seatalking
09-12-17, 07:17 PM
Besides converter kit what cables needed Seatalk - Seatalking
I have read a bunch of the FAQ's and still am unclear of all the parts I need to purchase. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

My boat has:
ST 4000+ autopilot
ST60 depth
ST60 Wind
ST60 Knot

I just purchased a C95 unit and mounting pod.

I purchased the Raymarine Seatalk1 To Sea Talk-Ng Converter kit to connect the C95 to my current system

What else do I need to order?
Extra cables, etc?

I am unclear on what cables I need to connect the ST 60 instruments in series (as shown in the converter kit manual) prior to connecting that one segment to the converter?

It appears the converter manual indicates the autopilot must be connected to the converter separately ?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-13-17, 01:14 PM
RE: Besides converter kit what cables needed Seatalk - Seatalking
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum kronosmen,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. As indicated within the referenced FAQ and within the ST60 Instrument manuals, the SeaTalk instruments, autopilot components, GPS sensors, and chartplotters featuring a 1st generation SeaTalk interface which do not additionally feature a SeaTalkng interface (ex. ST40/60 Instrument Displays, ST6001, S2G, Wireless AP Controller, Raystar 125 GPS Sensor, etc.) should be interfaced to one another, in any order, connected via a daisy chain or to SeaTalk Junction Blocks, using standard SeaTalk Cables having press-fit 3-pin plugs. Should you examine how your system has been installed, you may well find that the ST60 Instruments and ST4000+ have been daisy chained to one another. SeaTalk Cables can be joined using D244 SeaTalk Junction Blocks, splices, marine grade terminal strips, or R55006 SeaTalk Auxiliary Junction Boxes. SeaTalk Cable is available in 15", 1m, 3m, 5m, and 9m lengths. This method of interfacing is referred to as a SeaTalk bus.

As indicated within the referenced FAQ, the SeaTalk bus will need to be disconnected from its present source of power ... this may be the SeaTalk power terminal (red) of the ST4000+. Should the ST4000+ be powering the SeaTalk bus, then its SeaTalk cable will need to be cut and then its yellow and shield leads will be spliced back together, leaving its red leads un-spliced and then insulated to prevent shorting. The SeaTalk bus will need to be extended using a appropriate length of SeaTalk Cable (having press-fit 3-pin plugs on each end) to within reach of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable. A D244 SeaTalk Junction Block will be used to connect the SeaTalk Cable used to extend the SeaTalk bus to the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter Cable. The MFD will be interfaced to a spur socket of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter using an an appropriate length of SeaTalk Spur Cable.

Should you need onboard installation assistance, it is recommended that a Certified Raymarine Installer be contacted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply