Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System add on
11-16-17, 09:55 AM
RE: System add on
Theman772,

You do not have all of the devices required to network the components which you have listed. The Ethernet Network (RayNet) socket of the two MFDs within you system will permit a total of three compatible devices having an Ethernet communications interface to be networked without need for an Ethernet network switch. However, you have listed four compatible devices within your system having an Ethernet communications interface (i.e. a128 MFD, a78 MFD, radar transducer w/Digital Radar Cable, and the CP450C. Accordingly, it would be necessary to install a HS5 RayNet Network Switch within your system. As a best installation practice, it would then be recommended that each of the four compatible devices within your system having an Ethernet communications interface instead be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The Digital Radar Cable may be directly connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-16-17, 08:31 PM (This post was last modified: 11-17-17 08:32 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay got it ordered switch
Last thing should I have inline fuses on the power lines and if so what kind
Thanks looking forward to using this system
11-17-17, 09:18 AM
Theman772,

Q1. Last thing should I have inline fuses on the power lines and if so what kind
A1. Yes. The requested circuit protection information may be found within each respective product's Installation Instructions. Raymarine Product Documentation may be found here. See details below:
- MFDs: Power cable of 9" and larger MFDs features a fuse holder w/fuse 7A fuse
- HS5 RayNet Network Switch: 2A slow blow fuse
- CP450C: 5A thermal breaker or 5A slow blow fuse
12-03-17, 10:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-04-17 04:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay I am missing one last thing transducer extension cable a102105
I think from my transducer to cp450
Where can I get this cable
12-04-17, 04:05 PM
The part number for extending a CP450/CP470/CP570 compatible CHIRP transducer's cable by 5m is A102150, not a102105.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing where one may purchase Raymarine parts and accessories.
12-14-17, 08:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-15-17 09:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Okay I got the hs5 switch
Do I have to connect radar and cp450 into the switch
Then switch to a128 then a128 to a78
12-15-17, 09:08 AM
Theman772,

Per my earlier response, as a best installation practice, it would then be recommended that each of the four compatible devices within your system having an Ethernet communications interface instead be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The Digital Radar Cable may be directly connected to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch. As each MFD will be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch, they will not be cabled directly to one another.