Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
raymarine networking options
09-29-17, 09:51 AM
RE: raymarine networking options
thanks chuck... but, can you tell me the correct parts I would need to make it a raymarine backbone... does ray make the same "T" adapter that I need????
If not, where can I get another pair of these "T" adapters... they dont have any part number on them and I dont know where they came from??? Thanks, Dave
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-29-17, 10:01 AM (This post was last modified: 10-02-17 07:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Dave,

Raymarine SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 networking components may be found here. Information concerning how to construct a powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone may be found here. As you can see from this document, spur sockets may be created within a SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone which has been constructed from SeaTalkng networking components by using SeaTalkng T-Piece and/or SeaTalkng 5-Way Connectors. Raymarine does not offer T-Pieces, 5-Way Connectors, or Backbone Cables featuring DeviceNet sockets or plugs. Accordingly, if seeking to continue using the currently installed Fusion NMEA 2000 networking components, it is recommended that any additional backbone components be sourced from Fusion, Maretron, or another third party source specializing in NMEA 2000 networking components which feature DeviceNet Micro-C plugs and sockets.
09-30-17, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 10-02-17 07:28 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks chuck . but i dont see the T piece here . where can i get them.,
10-02-17, 07:32 AM
Dave,

Both the SeaTalkng web page and the SeaTalkng Reference manual that I had previously supplied links to include information for the A06028 SeaTalkng T-Piece. Like other Raymarine products, SeaTalkng networking products may be ordered from an authorized Raymarine dealer.