Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection
09-23-17, 09:05 PM
Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection
I have a Axiom with the transom mount transducer. I'm not satisified with the performance of that transducer, and I'm having an issue selecting a transducer that will allow me to see Depths up to 5000 feet. I understand I may need a sonar box as well. Please help with with my options as there are so many. Dual transducer, different sonar boxes. I do slow and high speed trolling, and deep dropping. So performance is important to me.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-17, 02:04 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-17 02:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Axiom Transducer / Sonar package selection
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mnelson660,

The depths which you fish are well in excess of the depths with the RealVision, DownVision, SideVision, High CHIRP, and 600W 50kHz / 200kHz internal fishfinder circuitry of the Axiom MFDs is designed to support. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. For applications such as yours, a CP570 with an A80318 TM275 LH-W CHIRP Wide Transducer (not applicable to vessels w/inboard propulsion) or an A80323 R109LH-W CHIRP Wide transducer or would typically be recommended.
10-22-17, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 10-23-17 12:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
can you recommend me a thru hull transducer that will work with this unit and i can add a sonar module at a later date? the transom mounted transducer loses the depth at higher speeds which i would like to fix.
10-23-17, 12:01 PM
mnelson660,

Do you own an Axiom RV MFD or do you own an Axiom DV MFD?
10-24-17, 09:03 AM
mnelson660,

Thru-hull RV transducer options for the Axiom RV MFDs and Axiom Pro MFDs may be found here.