Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RL80-to ARAMAR B744VL
09-24-17, 06:16 PM
RL80-to ARAMAR B744VL
Moved a lightly used RL-80 to BluewaterSportfishing boat. It has installed a large Aramar B744vl.

What cable converter do I need to go from the Aramar to the RL-80? I also have a DSM300... What cable do I need for the DSM-to-Aramar, then fromthe DSM to the RL80? or to I punch out the finder and use one that can connect directly with the RL-80?

(I think that I need two (2) spearate cable connector conversion to make the DSM work in this system...)

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-17, 02:38 PM (This post was last modified: 09-26-17 04:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: RL80-to ARAMAR B744VL
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum snfriends,

Please click here to view the document addressing how a DSM300 or DSM30 would be interfaced to a hsb2 Pathfinder Series MFD. As you can see from this document, Raymarine had included a R69081 4-pin to 3-Pin hsb2 adapter to permit the DSM300 or DSM30's hsb2 communications interface to be mated to a hsb cable which in turn could have been interfaced to the hsb2 termination plug within the hsb2 Pathfinder Series Display's hsb2 port. Unfortunately, this 4-pin to 3-Pin hsb2 adapter has not been available for several years, as the hsb2 Pathfinder Series Displays were retired more than ten years ago.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to positively identify the specific model of B744VL transducer which is installed onboard the vessel. While some versions of this transducer may be adapted for use with a DSM30/300, some may not.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply