Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sonar selection
09-25-17, 03:34 PM
Sonar selection
Recently purchased a 25' center console that has e127 Hybridtouch MFD w/FF
I have downloaded a manual but from what I see it looks like it has a P79 in hull transducer. I think I want a better sonar setup for coastal fishing. I understand the the e127 has an internal sounder, but will that work with a better transducer? Or do I need to go to a sonar module such as a CP200 with a CPT200? Sorry but I am new at this and don't know what I have or what I need.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-17, 10:27 AM
RE: Sonar selection
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Gmcc,

As much as 20% of a in-hull transducer's energy / sensitivity may be lost in transmission / reception through the hull's material. Accordingly, transducers which are in direct contact with the water (i.e. thru-hull and transom mounted transducers) will generally provide the greatest fishfinding performance. The ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFDs are each compatible with any of the 600W 50kHz / 200kHz transducers found here. Should greater power or CHIRP sonar features be desired, then the MFD may instead be interfaced to a CP370 w/]compatible 1kW transducer[/url or CP470/CP570 w/[url=http://www.raymarine.com/view/?id=12414]compatible CHIRP transducer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply