Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
L755 Fishfinder and correct transducer.
09-25-17, 09:28 PM
L755 Fishfinder and correct transducer.
Hello Chuck and all.

This is an old story I want to resolve when we haul out next year.

I was originally sold:
Transducer Bronze
Tag on cable reads:
06-1197 M78923
50-200 Khz
RC 1822/31-114-1-01
With a manual for a B66V
L750 Fishfinder.

I have been told that the above was wrong because it was
Wrong Material for Steel Hull
Wrong manual
Wrong txd for L750

It never worked but I had to leave the country for weather window to cross South Atlantic.

The L750 then died, totally, dead.

I purchased an L755 Hsb Plus to replace it while visiting USA and left for Spain.

It also never worked when I installed it :(

I have the opportunity to haul the boat and correct this, now, its either the L755 or the Tdx, or incompatibility.

Can I peep at the service manual for the L755 to show me how to test if it is OK?
I'd hate to buy a new TXD and its the Fishfinder thats faulty.

IF OK> Please tell me what transducer to buy? (B66029?)No ref on Airmar site.
IF NOT OK> Please tell me what fishfinder to buy to use my existing TXD?

I am retired on small SS so take it easy on me please.

Kind Regards!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-26-17, 09:41 AM
RE: L755 Fishfinder and correct transducer.
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Due to the galvanic effects of dissimilar metals, it is not recommended that bronze thru-hulls be used on steel hull. Transducers constructed from stainless steel are the transducer of choice for steel hulls and even then, a degree of isolation must additionally be used to prevent galvanic corrosion. It would typically be recommended that Gemeco, Inc. (Airmar’s US distributor (803 693 0777)) be contacted for further information on this subject.

Please note that transducers designed for use with the L750 fishfinder would not have been compatible with the Raymarine fishfinding products which followed the L750 (i.e. the hsb/hsb2/SL Pathfinder Series Fishfinders such as the L755). It is also possible that attempts to use/modify the L750's transducer for use with an incompatible fishfinding product may result in damage to the fishfinding product and/or the transducer. Should the L755's fishfinder circuitry be operational, then it may be interfaced to one of the 600W or 1kW 50kHz / 200kHz transducers found here. Unfortunately, should the L755's fishfinder circuitry not be operational, then it would need to be replaced, as Raymarine's Product Repair Center can no longer service or provide parts for this generation of retired fishfinders.

Unfortunately, Raymarine does not support end-user repair of Raymarine product circuitry. Accordingly, product service manuals are not distributed by Raymarine to end users.

Should you be seeking a 7" display supporting 50kHz / 200kHz traditional sonar, then it would be recommended that you consider an Axiom 7 DV MFD, as these MFDs may be adapted to be mated to one of the 600W or 1kW 50kHz / 200kHz transducers found here.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply