Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ST3000
09-27-17, 07:43 AM
ST3000
I have an old ST3000 unit and the control head has given up the ghost the motor for the wheel unit is working fine. Am I right in assuming this control head can no longer be repaired? Assuming that is the case if I was to replace the old control head with Evolution components would they be compatible with the old motor unit. I don't want to change the wheel configuration if possible. I am a sailing boat. If my suggestion is possible can you list the parts I will require to purchase.
Many thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-17, 08:35 AM
RE: ST3000
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum albavoyager,

Unfortunately, the Evolution autopilot control heads are not compatible with the ST3000 and Raymarine can no longer provide parts and service for ST3000 autopilots. Should you specify the dry weight of the vessel, we may be able to specify whether the EV-1 Wheel Pilot would be applicable to your vessel.
09-28-17, 01:59 PM (This post was last modified: 09-28-17 03:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks for your quick response. Before I go down the route of the Evolution system there is one more option I want to explore. There is a company in the UK who can test the control head and if it's only the compass that is faulty they can supply a replacement. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Again many thanks for you help.
09-28-17, 03:04 PM
You're welcome.