Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eS 127 Navionics Missing Chart Sounding Detail
10-03-17, 08:54 AM
eS 127 Navionics Missing Chart Sounding Detail
Hi, I have two eS127 units networked, using Navionics charts. I've noticed a recent problem that I don't see the detailed chart soundings that I know are there. Yesterday I had soundings on the bridge MFD, but not the one in the Salon. Now neither have the soundings. There are a few on the chart, but very few and far between. Depth contours show fine. All other chart data shows fine. I have gone through every setting on the displays and can't identify the issue. Can you help me troubleshoot this.

Thanks, Hube Hopkins
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-17, 03:30 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-17 03:37 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: eS 127 Navionics Missing Chart Sounding Detail
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Hube,

The most common cause for the reported symptom is having inadvertently configured the Chart application's EasyView feature (MENU->PRESENTATION->VIEW & MOTION->EASYVIEW) to ON and/or having selected Navionics SonarCharts from the Chart application's Chart Selection feature. Should the problem persist after having reconfigured the EasyView feature to OFF and ensuring that the Chart application has been configured to view Navionics Nautical Charts, then it would be recommended that a System Settings Reset (HOME->SET-UP->MAINTENANCE->SYSTEM SETTINGS RESET) be commanded to correct the reported symptom. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it may indicate a problem with the MFD's memory card reader or with the chart card itself. The MFD's memory card reader may easily be tested by verifying its ability to save waypoints or a screen capture to the microSD slot in which the chart card is/was residing. Should the MFD be unable to perform this save operation, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced. In such cases, it may be possible to temporarily work around the problem by moving the chart card to the MFD's second microSD reader slot or to move the chart card to the other MFD's memory card reader. Should the MFD's memory card reader be determined to be operational, then it would recommend that the chart card contents be erased using the Navionics Chart Installer computer program and that it then be populated with Freshest Data updates which would minimally include nautical charts. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that the chart card be replaced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply