Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIS and older MFD's
10-05-17, 09:59 AM
AIS and older MFD's
Hi Chuck, I have two 12 year old E120 displays connected with Sea Talk which are also connected to auto pilot, wind and Nobeltec AIS receiver. I'm looking to replace the Nobeltec with an AIS Transceiver (most likely the Raymarine 650 or Digital Antenna AIT2000) and understand from reading posts that I must connect the AIS transceiver to one of the MFD's and not through Sea Talk. In connecting to one MFD will the AIS signals automatically show on the second MFD or do I need to connect directly to both and is there adequate plugs for completing the connection with everything else connected?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-17, 10:54 AM
RE: AIS and older MFD's
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum

Q. In connecting to one MFD will the AIS signals automatically show on the second MFD or do I need to connect directly to both and is there adequate plugs for completing the connection with everything else connected?
A. Should the MFD's be interfaced to one another via a SeaTalkhs (Ethernet) network, then these MFDs are designed to share all data and system resources (exception: NTSC/PAL camera video) with one another via this single interface connection between the MFDs. In such installations, the AIS receiver/transceiver may be interfaced to the NMEA 0183 port of either, but not both, E-Series MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply