Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quantum wireless radar not communicating
10-04-17, 12:32 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-17 12:48 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
quantum wireless radar not communicating
I have been trying to establish a connection with my new Quantum to my E97. I am running the latest version V17. The mfd is powered separately from the radar. The radar has its own power source. Both are powered. On my iphone I was receiving the wifi signal from the Quantum radar although weak. I wasn't able to connect to the Quantum though. I was also receiving a strong wifi signal from the mfd. I tried several locations on the boat and the same was true no matter where I was located. When I typed the SSID # and the passcode into the mfd it went through its connection phase but would always indicate it couldn't find the Quantum.

Help with any suggestions
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-17, 12:54 PM
RE: quantum wireless radar not communicating
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

Your MFD does not have the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software installed within its memory and it would be recommended that its software be updated accordingly and that connection to the Quantum radome then be tested again. Should communications be established with the Quantum radome then it would be recommended that you verify whether it has been updated with the latest available Raymarine product software updates, and if not, that its software be updated accordingly. Please additionally click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject and perform all of the recommendations specified therein. Should the problem persist and should the MFD's Wi-Fi communications circuitry be operational (may be tested with Raymarine's Mobile Apps) then it would be recommended that the Quantum radome be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply