Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon 6 Mounting Bracket
10-06-17, 07:55 PM
Dragon 6 Mounting Bracket
My new boat came with the transom mount transducer already mounted. I used it for the first time, flipping it down to the in water position and then when done boating to the position back on top of the boat for travel & storage without any problem. The second time I used the boat I was unable to flip the transducer up into the storage position but once I got to where I store the boat I was able to flip it then to the storage position on top of the boat. While winterizing the boat I flipped it down and was unable to flip it up again. I called Raymarine before I took the boat out the 3rd time and they told me to unscrew the screw to see if I could see anything stuck. I did not find anything. I called again today asking if I could post some pictures and was told about this site. I want to know why the ability to flip the transducer into the storage position is not working when it had worked and then stopped working while in storage.

I have attached 7 pictures showing it in the storage position and several pictures when it stopped flipping up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-17, 11:02 AM
RE: Dragon 6 Mounting Bracket
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum bschiszik,

No photos have been attached to your thread. When attaching photos, be certain to select the Add Attachment button after choosing each photo. Please additionally note that transom mounted transducers feature a kick-up feature. This feature is not typically used when trailering / storage as you have suggested. Depending upon whether a CPT-60 or CPT-90DVS transducer has been installed, the release pressure required for the transducer to kick up will be controlled be either the transducer's allen head release tension screw or the transducer's pivot screw respectively. As indicated within the installation documentation for these transducers, tightening of these screws should be sufficient to permit the transducer to remain in the locked down position when operating the vessel, yet permit the transducer to pivot should it strike and object in the water. Regularly pivoting the transducer in the manner suggested may produce wear requiring that the transducer tension / pivot screw be further tightened.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply