Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Navionics Chip failure
10-07-17, 10:19 AM
Navionics Chip failure
I recently removed my Navionics CF913 (Vancouver Island disk and installed the Navionics CF913 Fish disk per the remove disk tab on our E120. The Fish Disk work fine last year, but the E120 MFD would not recognize it now and when I reinstalled the normally used CF913 disk, it also now is not recognized as is neither of my other two disk for upper Canada and SE Alaska. Can you tell me what to check for and what would cause this? When I look into the holder all the pins look fine and I've tried these on the the Sea Talk linked second E120 we have and they do not work there either.
Thanks Mike
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-09-17, 11:13 AM
RE: Navionics Chip failure
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Mike,

Per my response to the other post which you had submitted on this subject, should the two MFDs be interfaced to one another via Ethernet (SeaTalkhs) networking, then these two MFDs will share Navionics cartography data read from the reader of either MFD. However, before attempting to use the chart card in the second MFD it is strongly recommended that the chart card be inspected to ensure that the broken pin from the MFD's memory card reader is not lodged within the female pin(s) of the chart card ... I'm hoping that your testing of the chart card within the second MFD's memory card reader has not in turn damaged its reader. When using Navionics Sonar Charts, it is additionally necessary to

There is no need to change the Data Master setting of the MFDs. However, should you at some point in the future elect to change the Data Master setting, then the Data Master MFD will need to be interfaced to the SeaTalk bus and/or SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. Finally, when using Navionics SonarCharts, it is necessary to change the Chart application's Chart Type (PRESENTATION->CHART LAYERS->CHART TYPE) configuration setting from NAV to FISH ... and vice versa when using Navionics nautical charts.

Please click here to view a FAQ which may also be of aid ... particularly the part regarding deletion of the chartcat.xml file.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply