Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a98 NMEA 0183 output sentences
03-21-16, 07:30 AM
a98 NMEA 0183 output sentences
MY a98 is correctly sending 0183 data to a Furuno RD30 display. position, time, water temp are all being displayed correctly. Water depth is not being displayed and when i look at the port buffer on the a98 I do not see any depth sentences being sent out, whereas i see the others being sent. I am running latest lighthouse s/w. Anyone know if the problem is unique to me or is addressed elsewhere. Also, I know the XTE messages are NOT sent out and I believe this is logged as an enhancement request since autopilots often use this rather than the RMB/RMC sentences (which don't work well with my Furuno 500 a/p).
thanks,
Eric
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-16, 01:09 PM (This post was last modified: 03-25-16 08:05 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: a98 NMEA 0183 output sentences
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum heatz,

It is recommended that you verify that your MFD has been updated with the latest a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD software (v16.47 at the time of this response), and if not updated accordingly. After doing so, it is recommended that you configure your MFD to display a Databox and then configure that Databox to be populated with the Depth data item. Should the Depth data item not be dashes, then the MFD will transmit the DBT and DPT NMEA 0183 sentences unless the list of NMEA 0183 output sentences (HOME->SET-UP->SYSTEM SETTINGS->NMEA SET-UP->NMEA OUTPUT SETTINGS) has been changed by the operator.

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how to test the MFD's NMEA 0183 ports. Using the information within this FAQ, you should be able to check the MFD's transmit (TX) buffer.
03-21-16, 06:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-22-16 07:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
worked perfectly, thanks!
Will XTE be an outputable sentence one day?
03-22-16, 08:00 AM
heatz,

You're welcome. Please note that XTE is an output of Raymarine autopilots, not MFDs. Should need for such XTE be required by a NMEA 0183 listener and the system feature a Raymarine MFD having a SeaTalkng interface, then it would be recommended that an SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 to NMEA 0183 data bridging devices (ex. Actisense NGW-1-STNG, etc.) be installed to support bridging this data from the SeaTalkng/NMEA 2000 backbone. Should need for such XTE be required by a NMEA 0183 listener and the system feature a Raymarine autopilot having a NMEA 0183 interface, then it would be recommended that this interface be used to supply XTE to the NMEA 0183 listener.
01-09-17, 01:17 PM
I have a mixture of old and new equipment. I recently added an E7D MFD and have an Autopilot 6000. The Autopilot is doesn't have an NMEA interface but I have a Z075 Radio Navigation Interface that was once connected the Autopilot to a LORANC system. The Z075 can use NMEA XTR to track a course with the Autopilot. Unfortunately my E&D doesn't output XTR. From the notes above it appears that this output may have been requested for other systems. Is there a way to get XTR from my MFD? Is there a way to get it added to future software revisions? My autopilot works fine so I don't plan to replace it, and it would be neat to get the old and new equipment working together.
01-09-17, 03:13 PM
Welcome the Raymarine Forum Bdaye,

Unfortunately, Raymarine does not offer any products which would support adapting its current line of MFDs to this long retired autopilot design.
01-10-17, 06:10 AM (This post was last modified: 01-11-17 10:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
thanks for the fast reply. Will XTR be added to the E7D list of output sentences. It seems like an easy addition since the data required is a subset of some of the more popular sentences transmitted?

Thanks again
01-11-17, 10:55 AM
Bdaye,

A feature request will be logged accordingly.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.