Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will RA3048 radar operate correctly with my Hybrid Touch?
10-10-17, 02:30 PM
Question Will RA3048 radar operate correctly with my Hybrid Touch?
Hello,
I bought a 2014 Pursuit 315 boat with Raymarine Hybrid Touch 12" Color LCD MFD GPS from 2014, I assume. I am wanting to put the New RA3048 HD radar on it, but read in a couple of websites, that not ALL THE FEATURES of this radar would work on this display / GPS unit. Specifically, I read that the preset "Bird" setting would NOT WORK with the E-Series Hybrid unit on the boat. The website also said that the high speed (2X rotation speed) would not work with this unit already in the boat. Can you clarify? I am SPECIFICALLY BUYING that radar for that "BIRD PRESET" ! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Brent
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-17, 11:20 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-17 12:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Will RA3048 radar operate correctly with my Hybrid Touch?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Brent,

Unfortunately, HD Open Array Radar systems neither feature support for Bird Mode nor for 48 RPM. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Please additionally note that HybridTouch is not a model of MFD ... it merely describes a Raymarine product featuring both a touchscreen and buttons for controlling the MFD. Raymarine has produced the following four generations of MFDs having HybridTouch controls:
- Axiom Pro MFDs
- eS-Series MFDs
- e-Series MFDs (retired)
- E-Series Widescreen MFDs (retired).
10-12-17, 11:42 AM (This post was last modified: 10-12-17 01:00 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks Chuck !
So if I understand my E-series MFD (if updated) can support Bird Mode and 48 RPM, but that array I mentioned will not interface. What Array should I buy if I want the Bird Mode and 48 RPM to function correctly ? Please advise, I VERY MUCH want to have the Bird Mode working correctly on my new/used boat !!
Thanks in advance !
10-12-17, 01:17 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-17 01:17 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Brent,

When seeking bird mode and 48 RPM, the issue is not that the MFD is not compatible with the RA3048HD ... because it is. However, when used with the RA3048HD, the MFD will not support bird mode and 48 RPM features because the RA3048HD does not support these features. However, should the MFD be interfaced to any of the following open array radar systems, then bird mode and 48 RPM features will be supported by your system:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1337]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)