Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axium and T253
10-12-17, 08:14 PM
Axium and T253
I have a T253 thermal camera from a previous boat and just purchased a new boat that has an Axium 7" display. Is there any way to use the T253 with the Axium? I would would simply replace the Axium with the old a-series display from the previous boat but the new boat simply has no room at the helm for anything bigger than the Axium.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-17, 10:24 AM
RE: Axium and T253
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum zelatore,

While the Axiom Pro MFDs feature an analog video input interface to support receiving analog video from T-Series thermal cameras, FLIR thermal cameras having a NTSC / PAL video interface, deck/engine room cameras having a NTSC / PAL video interface, etc., the Axiom MFDs do not. However, a workaround exist for Axiom MFDs in that a compatible third party NTSC/PAL to IP video encoder(s) may be used to encode the video signal from the T-Series thermal camera. This workaound has been successfully demonstrated using the AXIS brand M7011 Video Encoder.
10-18-17, 12:06 AM (This post was last modified: 10-23-17 08:15 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you - I will look into the Axis M7011. If you have any additional information about integrating this with the Axium that would be helpful.
10-23-17, 08:28 AM
zelatore,

Interfacing the Axis M7011 is a very simple task. As the Axis M7011 is a POE device, it will need to be powered by a POE injector (ex. Raymarine R32141 POE Injector, FLIR 41113746 POE Injector, etc.) which will in turn be connected to the Axis M7011 via an appropriate length of marine grade Ethernet cable which include POE leads within its cable. The unpowered end of the POE injector will in turn be connected to either the MFD's Ethernet Network socket or to the system's RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RJ45 (M) Cable. Finally, connect the camera's BNC connector to the Axis M7011's BNC connector.
10-23-17, 01:31 PM
Thank you Chuck,

Sounds like I will need to add a network switch to the system as both the camera and Axis M7011 are POE and the Axius MFD only has a single Raynet connection.
10-23-17, 01:33 PM
zelatore,

Q. Sounds like I will need to add a network switch to the system as both the camera and Axis M7011 are POE and the Axius MFD only has a single Raynet connection.
A. Correct.