Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
E120 CF card holder
10-21-17, 11:04 AM
E120 CF card holder
One of the pins has bent way over in my MFD. Is it possible and or difficult to replace the CF card holder in an E120 MFD?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-24-17, 03:30 PM
RE: E120 CF card holder
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eirinnrose,

Unfortunately, should the pin have bent over sufficiently far, then it may have shorted with one or more of the reader's other pins, resulting in damage to the MFD's circuitry. It would have normally be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine's Product Repair Center to replace the MFD's memory card reader. Unfortunately, the supply of readers for E-Series Classic MFDs has been permanently exhausted. Accordingly, you may want to try as best as you can to straighten the bent pin. Unfortunately, should the pin break or should the MFD afterwards be unable to read data from a chart card within its memory card reader, then the MFD would need to be replaced unless the marine electronics system features two or more E-Series Classic MFDs. In the case of the latter, then the chart card may be inserted into the memory card reader of another one of the system's MFDs.
10-24-17, 08:39 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I've straightened the pin somewhat and have started using the card reader in my second e120.
10-25-17, 08:24 AM
You're welcome.