Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
e125 Network Drop
11-03-17, 05:32 AM
e125 Network Drop
I have an e125 with direct network connections to Radom and CP that drop their connections simultaneously. I suspect the network card in the MFD as I can reboot the MFD and connections are regained, yet both will drop again in time. Has this issue been experienced before and what was the solution?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-03-17, 10:10 AM
RE: e125 Network Drop
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Eric,

The symptom which you have described is indeed uncommon, but would seem indicative of a fault within the MFD's networking circuitry should the MFD be directly interfaced (i.e. no network switch) to the radome and fishfinder sounder Module. However, as both of these features are heavy power consumers, it would be recommended that you attempt to duplicate the problem at the dock. This should be attempted after connecting the vessel to shore power, permitting its batteries to become fully charged, and that afterwards and while still connected to shore power that the system be tested for an extended period of time. Should the problem be duplicated under these testing conditions, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.
01-07-18, 05:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-09-18 08:56 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Chuck, as always you are spot on..
The MFD was sent in for evaluation and repair..
There was a faulty motherboard within the MFD..

Thanks again for the great insight and support.
Regards,
Eric
01-09-18, 08:56 AM
You're welcome.