Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray 70 VHF can’t listen weather forecast
11-07-17, 07:31 AM
Ray 70 VHF can’t listen weather forecast
Hi
I bought a Ray 70 vhf with ais ( west marine -Fort Lauderdale )
When I put it to  »Weather mode » I access to the weather ten (10) channels.
Here in Fort Lauderdale the continuous weather forecast is on th Chanel 1 ( 162 550 ) My problem is when I’m on the channel 1 on the Weather mode I can’ listen to it.
I’d like to know how to listen to it. It’s first time in my life I can’t get the weather forecast with a vhf. Help would be appreciated.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-07-17, 10:12 AM
RE: Ray 70 VHF can’t listen weather forecast
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Festinalente,

Unlike legacy Raymarine VHF radios which had been singly designed to support the USA VHF radio frequency band or Raymarine VHF radios which had been singly designed to support the International VHF radio frequency band, the Ray50/52/60/70 VHF radio has been designed to be user configurable (MENU->SET-UP->CHANNEL SET-UP->FREQUENCY BAND) with regard to supporting the VHF radio frequency band of the USA, Canada, and International.

NOAA weather channel reception is supported by legacy Raymarine VHF radios which have been singly designed to support the USA VHF radio frequency band. Similarly, when using the Ray50/52/60/70 VHF radio and desiring to receive NOAA weather channels, it is necessary to first configure the Ray50/52/60/70 VHF radio to support the USA VHF radio frequency band or to support the Canadian VHF radio frequency band. After doing so, one may command the Ray50/52/60/70 VHF radio into Weather Mode (MENU->WEATHER MODE) to access the NOAA weather channels.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply