Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system
11-08-17, 07:59 AM
New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system
Hi
I am looking for a new autopilot ... the raymarine evolution 400 seems about right for our 48’sailing ketch with a weight of 18 tonnes.

Presently I have a raymarine C120 chart plotter and raymarine wind and transducers of the same generation as the chart plotter.

Will the c120 will interface with the evolution autopilot Through seatalk 1 to seatalkNG?

The wind / deapth Instruments 60+ would probably need an ITC-5 in order to communicate with the new ev400 autopilot?

The existing installation of wind + depth stlll work fine and I don’t want to replace them ...
I could imagine adding a new i70 at the helm to display AIS from my C120

Could you please suggest the components needed to complete the system.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-08-17, 10:51 AM
RE: New autopilotEV400 SAIL to existing system
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Nushen,

Q1. Will the c120 will interface with the evolution autopilot Through seatalk 1 to seatalkNG?
A1. Yes. The unpowered SeaTalk bus to which the MFD, GPS sensor (model not specified), and ST60+ Instruments have been interfaced will in turn be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which will be included within the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to which the Evolution autopilot components will also be interfaced.

Q2. The wind / deapth Instruments 60+ would probably need an ITC-5 in order to communicate with the new ev400 autopilot?
A2. This is incorrect. See the response to Q1, as it additionally addresses the ST60+ Instruments.

Q3. I could imagine adding a new i70 at the helm to display AIS from my C120
A3. Should an i70/i70S MFID be added to the system, then it will repeat instrument and other data from the system. However, as the C-Series Classic MFDs are neither designed to support processing of NMEA 2000 AIS PGNs nor bridge AIS data received from a NMEA 0183 AIS data source, it would be necessary to additionally interface the AIS data source to the aforementioned SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone to permit the i70/i70S MFID to display AIS data. Should the system's AIS receiver/transceiver not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 200 communications interface, then it would be recommended that a third party 38400 BAUD NMEA 0183 to SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 data bridging device (ex. Actisense NGW-1-ISO-AIS, etc.) be used to interface the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone.

Q4. Could you please suggest the components needed to complete the system.
A4. As indicated above, a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter will be required along with an appropriate length of SeaTalkng Backbone Cable to join it to the powered and properly terminated SeaTalkng /NMEA 2000 backbone referenced above. The SeaTalkng networking components required to network the Evolution autopilot components are included within complete Evolution autopilot packages (ex. T70161 EV-400 Sail, T70162 EV-400 Power, etc.).
11-08-17, 07:31 PM
Thank you for your detailed reply!
11-09-17, 08:37 AM
You're welcome.