Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
System Upgrade
11-13-17, 04:38 PM (This post was last modified: 11-14-17 10:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: System Upgrade
The ES97 MFD is mounted in the helm. The electronics box is in the helm accessed from inside the cabin. Basically just a place were most wires and fuses and connections are made. The power to the hardtop is 14 gauge (I misspoke in my prior post)- run through a switch and a breaker.

Update 1: I scoped the pipe I need to run the cable through and there is no way I will be able to pull either the RJ45 or the Raynet connector through. Amazing devices these little cameras you can buy today. The pipe is open at the ends but restricted where the one pipe connects to another. I think I can get the SeaTalk backbone with the connector and the Raynet cable without the connector through. So my question is can I cut the Raynet cable and splice it. I would hope the color coding of the wires adheres to an ANSI standard. I feeling is that I should be able to crimp the cable same as any other ethernet cable by separating out the pairs and crimping an RJ45 in accordance with the standard on each end and then using a shielded RJ45 coupler. I can even shorten the cable by the 10feet I don't need. Will this work?

The breaker on the Electronics Master Feed to the hardtop is 20AMPS.

Update 2: Correcting my correction - the electronics master feed in the hardtop is 10 Gauge wire as I previously stated. One red (+) and one yellow (-). They are connected to a distribution block in the hardtop and have there own 20AMP breaker. There are 2 other 10 gauge wires that feed the lighting in the hardtop and another feed for the anchor light which is a much smaller gauge wire.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
System Upgrade - DFMott - 11-11-17, 03:21 PM
RE: System Upgrade - DFMott - 11-13-17 04:38 PM
RE: System Upgrade - DFMott - 12-11-17, 02:37 PM