Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Axiom crashes
11-15-17, 07:49 AM
Axiom crashes
I've had an Axiom 9 NAG for a week and have been playing with it both on the bench and in a prototype-installation on the boat. During that time I've had about 10 crashes, mostly (I think) while interacting with the display.

I'm not concerned about this. I don't have things installed in their final configuration yet and I realize LH3 is an evolving product.

Fortunately LH3 generates crash logs. My question is: When does RM want to receive crash reports and should the logs be included?

Some shops I've worked with only want to hear about errors that are readily reproducible. Other places want to see every crash log (which they aggregate to spot trends).

What does RM prefer at this point?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-17, 09:11 AM
RE: Axiom crashes
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Danderer,

Thanks for the offer to assist. As the release of LH3 v3.3.x is nearing, I would recommend waiting for it to be released prior to sending in any error logs. Should the problem persist thereafter, then it would be recommended that your waypoint/route/track data be backed up, that a Factory Reset be performed, that any currently saved error logs be erased and that you then attempt to duplicate the problem. Should you be able to do so, then it would be recommended that the error log produced, system diagram (detailing the makes / models of all products interfaced to the system and their respective software level), type of chart card(s) used with the system, and the steps taken to duplicate the problem be included within the thread reporting the problem.
11-15-17, 09:21 AM
Thanks Chuck.
11-15-17, 09:31 AM
You're welcome.