Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice transducer options?
11-21-17, 06:58 PM
Ice transducer options?
Hello all.
I am looking for any info about a ice transducer for my winter fishing. I am looking at the Dragonfly 5 Pro for this ice season.
My question, is there an optional ice transducer available for this unit?
I think the Dragonfly 5 would make a great upgrade to my “other brand” unit which has been acting up since new.
Any advice will be very appreciated.
Thanks,
Roy
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-22-17, 10:30 AM
RE: Ice transducer options?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Roy,

While Raymarine does not offer a transducer specifically designed for ice fishing, it would typically be recommended conical high CHIRP sonar rather than DownVision sonar be used for such purposes. The combination conical high CHIRP sonar / DownVision sonar transducer packaged with Dragonfly DVS fishfinders and Dragonfly Pro chartplotter/fishfinders would support such conical high CHIRP sonar. These transducers may be fastened to the bottom face of an arm (constructed from aluminum, PVC, wood, etc.) with a means of adjusting the transducer's depth. The arm width would typically be designed to be slightly wider than the transducer's mount. The mounting board would then be lowered through the hold and the board then locked into position such that the transducer is located beneath the lower surface of the ice and oriented away from the center of the [censored]. Some will also opt to drill a second [censored] to be used specifically for the transducer.
11-22-17, 04:55 PM
Thank you Chuck for the reply and info.
I will definitely be able to manufacture something to hold the transducer in its correct orientation.
I will share pictures once I receive the unit and make up something for the ducer.

All the best,
Roy
11-27-17, 09:19 AM
You're welcome.