Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
axiom 9 wind and vector
11-19-17, 08:58 PM
axiom 9 wind and vector
I've got an Axiom 9 RV that I purchased when they first came out earlier this year. I am not able to get the wind or vector to display on the chart. I also frequently get a black dot instead of the boat icon. Initially I thought maybe these features just weren't working in the software yet, but recently I did an install of another Axiom 9 on a different boat and all these features work fine. Today I updated the software to the latest version and also did a factory reset with no change in wind/vector being displayed. I am getting wind data to the MFD and it displays fine on the data pages. The wind is checked as seen in the attached photo. I am at a loss as to where to go next as it has the latest software and has had a factory reset done on it. Looking for ideas, thanks!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-20-17, 12:16 PM
RE: axiom 9 wind and vector
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mombemoo,

I suspect that one or more of the data items required to display the Wind Vector have not been satisfied. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
11-20-17, 04:11 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-17 04:18 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I've got an itc5 feeding it wind (also viewable on the i70s & on the axiom data pages) and the built in gps. wouldn't that meet the requirements?
11-20-17, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 11-20-17 04:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
mombemoo,

Q. I've got an itc5 feeding it wind (also viewable on the i70s & on the axiom data pages) and the built in gps. wouldn't that meet the requirements?
A. Per the previously referenced FAQ, the system must also be interfaced to a source of heading data and speed through water data. The MFD's GPS is neither a source of heading data nor a source of speed through water data.