Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
P70 No pilot error and mode page blank
12-12-17, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 12-12-17 08:54 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: P70 No pilot error and mode page blank
Bob,

Q1. I checked what I called a termination on my diagram for the P70R and it is black, so I guess it is correct?
A1. Yes.

Q2. I have downloaded the software and looked at the update procedure on your website, and have a couple of questions.
Q2A.The procedure indicates that the update files should not be stored in a folder. Is this just because they would not be found during update? In other words, if I copy the needed files from a folder to the root of the flash drive would the duplicates in the sub-folder interfere with the update procedure in any way. I am asking this because the flash drive is an appropriate place to keep the update files for all of the devices so if they can be stored in sub-folders without interfering with the update, I can bring the desired files into the root directory of the drive as needed.
A2A. It is indeed possible to do as you have specified. Per my previous response, the SeaTalkng backbone should be reduced to the MFD and one of the devices which will be updated. This is accomplished by simply unplugging the SeaTalkng spur cable from the SeaTalkng spur socket of the other devices or from the corresponding SeaTalkng spur socket of the SeaTalkng backbone. As the backbone will not receive power from the ACU, the SeaTalkng Power Cable must be installed (at least temporarily) when updating the software within any SeaTalkng device other than the ACU itself. It is also considered a best installation practice to power the SeaTalkng backbone via the aforementioned SeaTalkng Power Cable rather than from the ACU.

Q2B. Does the autorunc.dob file in the folder only deal with the files in that folder, or is it more generic?
A2C. The autorunc.dob file is somewhat generic as you have suggested. The same autorunc.dob file is used to boot the MFD into Software Update mode when updating any of the Evolution autopilot components.

Q3. I tried updating the CCU from the C90W, and the device could not be discovered so the upgrade failed. Would it make sense at this point to run temporary cables to the C90W to see if there is a cable issue? I would like to eliminate cable failures before saying the ACU is not working. Would the control head recognize the ACU if the display unit is disconnected (It dosn't)? I did also try a system reset from the P70r and that did not make a difference. I guess what I am looking for is what is the minimum system that should work?
A3. As you were able to determine the software level of the ACU via the diagnostics of the p70R, then it would indicate that the communications network between the ACU and p70R is operational and that there are no hardware faults within these devices. Additionally, should the About System diagnostics of the p70R list the software level of the MFD, then it would similarly indicate that the communications network between the ACU, p70R, and MFD is operational and that the SeaTalkng communications circuitry of these devices is operational. Again, such diagnostic communications with the EV-1 CCU will not be supported until its software has been updated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: P70 No pilot error and mode page blank - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-12-17 08:54 AM