Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] hs to ng network
11-26-17, 12:33 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 03:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] hs to ng network
I picked up an SR100 and would like to network it to my c127. I am looking for the most economical approach which should be just getting the right cable. My guess at the right cable has a yellow connection to the network. All of my connectors are blue and white. Why the color difference? Please itemize by part # what I need to complete this connection just to make sure I am looking at the right one.
Thank you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-17, 08:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-01-17 08:38 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: hs to ng network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum SallySea,

There is only one way to interface a SR150, SR6, or SR100 to an a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFD ... via Ethernet communications (not SeaTalkng, SeaTalk, NMEA 2000, or NMEA 0183). As the Ethernet Network socket of the MFD and SR100 feature different socket styles, some adaptation is required. Should one of the MFD's Ethernet Network sockets not be in use, then the simplest method of interface these two products to one another would be via a cable assembly constructed from an A80272 RayNet (M) Pins to SThs (M) Socket Adaptor Cable and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. However, should all of the MFD's Ethernet Network sockets be in use, then the MFD would need to be interface to an A80007 HS5 RayNet Network Switch via an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. The SR100 in turn would be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch via the cable assembly constructed from an A80272 RayNet (M) Pins to SThs (M) Socket Adaptor Cable and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable referenced above.
03-08-18, 10:28 AM
RE: hs to ng network
So I ordered an HS5 and a A80272 cable. One end is right to plug into the SR100 but the other end is the reverse of what I need to plug into the HS5. Or did I get the wrong cable. Are you saying I now need a raynet (f) to raynet (f) to connect this cable to the HS5? If so, what is the cable #? Do they make a cable that will plug directly into the HS5 from the SR100?
03-08-18, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] hs to ng network
Sallysea,

Q1. Are you saying I now need a raynet (f) to raynet (f) to connect this cable to the HS5?
A1. Yes, I am saying that you need an adapter and a cable (i.e. cable assembly). As indicated within my prior response the SR100 may be interfaced to the HS5 RayNet Network switch via a cable assembly constructed from an A80272 RayNet (M) Pins to SThs (M) Socket Adaptor Cable and an appropriate length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable. My initial response additionally included a link to the web page listing each of the available lengths of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable, as well as their respective part numbers. You simply need to choose the length of RayNet (F) to RayNet (F) Cable which is appropriate to complete the connection to the HS5 RayNet Network Switch.

Q2. Do they make a cable that will plug directly into the HS5 from the SR100?
A2. Negative.
03-08-18, 12:16 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
ok I got it. thank you
03-08-18, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-18 03:11 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
You're welcome.