Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MFD - Image ?
11-30-17, 07:27 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-17 07:45 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
MFD - Image ?
All of the sudden an image of some type of sea organism has appeared embedded on my screen. No matter what page I bring up, Radar, Chartplotter, sounder, the embedded picture is there. My bottom guy who does my bottom on a monthly basis tells me he doesn't see anything attached to my transducer which is a Airmar thru-hull tilted element type. I have attached pics of my MFD so you can have an idea what I am dealing with. Even when my system is off the embedded picture is visible..

Any assistance that you can offer would be greatly appreciated...

Attached File(s)
.jpg  Sounder View.jpg (Size: 59.36 KB / Downloads: 262)
.jpg  Unit off.jpg (Size: 65.26 KB / Downloads: 251)
.jpg  Radar View.jpg (Size: 58.24 KB / Downloads: 251)
.jpg  Chart View.jpg (Size: 58.95 KB / Downloads: 277)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-01-17, 07:54 AM
RE: MFD - Image ?
Hi Finalpursuit,
thankyou for your posting
the pictures suggest that this artifact that you see in the screen is nothing generated electronically or derived from the radar/ sonar or charting app. it looks like the substrate material which is one of the layers that make up the Touchscreen assembly has become contaminated in some way.

We would advise that the Multifunction display needs to be removed to an approved raymarine Dealer where the display can be investigated further and potentially the screen replaced.

Raymarine products should be returned to:
- Raymarine dealers equipped to perform this service … recommend consulting your dealer prior to bringing equipment to the dealer
- Certified Raymarine Installers
- Raymarine’s Product Repair Center.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply