Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5
12-05-17, 11:37 AM
RE: Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5
Brandon,

Q1. Can I connect the ray70 VHS directly to the axiom 9 mfd or do I have to create a seatalk network with a backbone, end caps and power supply?
A1. Negative. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.

Q2. If I can't directly connect the two electronics.... what parts do I specifically need to order?
A2. Please refer to the FAQ addressing construction of a simple backbone within the FAQ referenced above. As cable length requirements vary with each vessel, cable part numbers cannot be specified. However, the SeaTalkng networking components and their respective part numbers may be found here.

Q3. Does the seatalk cable that comes with the ray70 vhf connect to the starter kit?
A3. Should the 400mm SeaTalkng Spur Cable included with the Ray70 be of sufficient length to permit it to be connected to one of the SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 backbone's spur sockets, then it may indeed be used in place one of the SeaTalkng Spur Cable referenced within the FAQ addressing how to construct a simple backbone.

Q4. Do I need a special wire to connect the axiom 9 that's not included in the seatalk starter kit or the axiom 9 box?
A4. Yes. Please see refer to the FAQ addressing how to construct a simple backbone.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ray70 VHF Connection to Axiom 9 via HS5 - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 12-05-17 11:37 AM