Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COG Vector C Series MFD
12-04-17, 03:04 PM
COG Vector C Series MFD
My vessel has a C Series setup about 10 years old. I recently updated the GPS antenna to the RS 150 as the original antenna was becoming slow at picking up a fix. The new system is certainly fast and accurate. However, the COG Vector is about 20 degrees out to Starboard on all headings. This coincidentally (?) is the local magnetic variation of 19 degrees East. I have the variation set to auto on system setup. I have tried changing this manually but it makes no difference. What do you suggest?
Also the screen no longer displays the satellites being detected. This is minor and I can live with this if there is no easy fix.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-04-17, 04:55 PM
RE: COG Vector C Series MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Florence,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Should the heading source if any be good, and should the MFD be a C-Series Classic MFD (C70, C80, C120), then I suspect that the problem is rooted within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter ... i.e. it has old software within it. Unfortunately, the C-Series Classic MFDs can neither detect the version of software which is currently installed within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter, nor can it update the software within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing alternative means to check/update the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter's software.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply