Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[CA] [CA11] Part 2; Lighthouse 2 Top Features Added onto Lighthouse 3
12-21-19, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 12-23-19 11:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA11] Part 2; Lighthouse 2 Top Features Added onto Lighthouse 3
Adding MMSI Numbers Manually, and save to Card.
Adding a Vessel's MMSI #'s manually to the buddy list, and saving them.
Lighthouse 2 and past software's had this feature. Fast, Easy, and Simple!!

Now, with the Axiom and Lighthouse 3 software, I need to search for the vessel, tap on the AIS target, get there information, and then store/save to my buddy list.
With older display models, I was also able to save it on my card.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-19, 11:53 AM
RE: [CA11] Part 2; Lighthouse 2 Top Features Added onto Lighthouse 3
Welcome back to the Raymarine Forum Fish On,

Thanks for the product feedback. A feature request will be logged accordingly to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update.

Please click here for more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
02-13-20, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-20 09:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
A chuck!
Here is a picture of the AIS700 features that allows Raymarine to tag buddy's on the buddy list. This is were Raymarine shines, and could use some old legacy software help on the lighthouse 3 software.
Was able to save/store other boats on the buddy list, onto the chip.
Was also able to manually punch in the the boats mmsi numbers on a buddy list page or app very easy on the E120 Classic, and the lighthouse 2 software.
This way when the boat pops up on the screen, there automatically named on my MFD, and I know there a buddy as well.
Currently with the lighthouse 3, I can't manually enter there mmsi number at the dock, in the AIS buddy list page/app nor when out on the water. When I'm out on the water, I would have to search, and locate for the buddies, then save it.
It also appears there is no buddy list page/app like previous legacy units.
Hopefully I'm explaining myself correctly.
Ty sir!!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

02-13-20, 09:51 AM
Fish On

Thanks for the additional information on this subject. As you are aware nineteen plus software updates were created for LHII to create its full feature set. Many more revisions of LH3 software are planned and the buddy list, as well many other features remain under consideration for a future LH3 software update.
02-13-20, 10:19 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-20 11:01 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
OK great!! Wasn't sure if I was explaining it correctly on previous messages. But hopefully the picture helps. I can see were my buddy boats are, and its just nice adding them by there mmsi numbers in the Ais buddy list app. Its a gradation feature that no other brand out there has. Hoping Raymarine does install this features in the Lighthouse 3, as we are all well invested, and it does look like were on the up, and being market competitive! !
Thanks again Chuck!!!!
02-13-20, 11:01 AM
You're welcome.