Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] axiom 12"RV Offshore deep Capability
12-21-17, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:19 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] axiom 12"RV Offshore deep Capability
Dear Forum Members

I have an Axiom 12 Rv and an a98 installed in the control panel of my boat, and this weekend we had another step of our Fishing tournament, where bottom fishing bites takes place in a region between 120 and 250 meters deep, and it was impossible for us to see the background or bites.

Question:
with the Axiom 12 RV with transducer RV100 Or with the A98 with transducer CPT100, would it be possible to have some adjustment that would allow us to view this depth using any available Channel ( Dowvision or Chirp) ? If it is not possible, what the best configuration of Tranducer with the Cp470 would be advisable, being that I have fiber hull and would accept to make the holes in the hull. I already studied it in some solutions and it seems that I would spend around USD 3,500 to buy this equipment. Was there anything more accessible that would solve my problem?

Thank You
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-17, 10:11 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] axiom 12"RV Offshore deep Capability
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jazevedo,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing the maximum operational depths for High CHIRP (conical), DownVision, and RealVision 3D sonar imaging. In the depths which you are operating, my recommendation would be to use High CHIRP (conical) sonar imaging.
12-22-17, 03:14 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:20 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank for your message Chuck,

But how I set High Chirp (Conical) in Axiom 12, In the Fish-finder app Page only appears 3D, Dow Vision, Side Vision and Chirp? When I select Chirp, there is no option to select high Chirp, I read the advanced manual that shows an option to select High chirp scrolling down the page in channels box , but I have no option in my screen, I have no option to scroll down like in manual. Is it automatic? could you give me the way...I have no Y cable

Thanks

João
12-27-17, 10:23 AM
RE: axiom 12"RV Offshore deep Capability
João,

Within a system such as yours where that the MFD has only been interfaced to a RV transducer, selecting the Fishfinder app's menu option for CHIRP will cause the High CHIRP conical sonar element of the RV transducer to be used for producing the fishfinder sonar imaging which will be displayed within that Fishfinder application page/pane.
12-28-17, 04:16 PM
RE: axiom 12"RV Offshore deep Capability
Thank you Chuck.

To solve this I ended up buying a CP470, can you suggest the cabling necessary to integrate into my RV system since the Axiom 12 only has an input to transducer and which tranducer should I buy? with 1 element or 2? I have a [censored] in the boat where today is installed a 319 airmar, which I intend to replace by these. Can I use 1 transducer? if yes, there is a lot of loss in relation to 2 elements? Can you tell me the ideal solution? I intend to fish in depths of up to 300m.

Thank you very much

João
12-29-17, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 11:21 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
João,

What is the hull's length? What material is the hull constructed from? Is the boat trailered?
12-29-17, 03:28 PM
Chuck,

The boat has 40 feet, made of fiber, and suspended by a travel lift and then overlaid on a wooden cart. It weighs 10 tons and is impused by 2 volvo sterndrives.

Thank You
01-02-18, 04:05 PM
João,

It is recommended that the time proven B260 1kW 50kHz / 200kHz Transducer along with a CP370 be considered for this application. This product combination should readily address fishfinding in the depths which you have specified. With bottom lock/zoom functions you should be able to see that which you desire to see. Additionally, this combo fits into your proposed budget (about $2300).
01-02-18, 04:17 PM
Chuck,

As is very dificulty find Raymarine is São Paulo, and as I'm going to London, I already brought from Amazon the CP470, please, now I need your suggestion for best cost x benefit transducer for CP 470. If it is possible be only one transducer, better, if is necessary be 2....ok

thanks
01-03-18, 08:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-18 08:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
João,

It would normally be recommended that the time proven B260 1kW 50kHz / 200kHz Transducer along with a CP370 be considered for this application. This product combination would readily address fishfinding in the depths which you have specified. With bottom lock/zoom functions you would be able to see that which you desire to see. Additionally, this combo would into your proposed budget (about $2300).

However, as you have already purchased the CP470, then it would be recommended that the A80322 B275LH-W be installed for use with the CP470.