Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
12-22-17, 10:57 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-18 03:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
I recently upgraded my system from A-Series 12" displays to Axioms (not pro). With my A-Series displays, I could see the Platinum+ maps from all 3 displays even though I only had the map chip in the data master.

It does not appear to work the same way for Axioms? For some reason I don't seem to see the Platinum plus maps on my other Axiom displays - only on the one with the chip.

Am I doing something wrong or is this expected with these Axioms?

-Tony G
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-22-17, 12:55 PM (This post was last modified: 12-22-17 12:57 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Tony,

Cartography sharing among MFDs requires that the MFDs be interfaced to one another via an Ethernet communications network. Should this be the case onboard your own boat, then please ensure that you have use the Chart Selection feature within the affected MFD's Chart application page/pane to specify the cartography which will be displayed within the Chart application page/pane being viewed. If so and should the problem persist, then please be aware that Raymarine has received some reports of failure to share cartography among Axiom / Axiom Pro MFDs which have been interfaced in this manner. Raymarine is currently investigating the problem, with the current expectation that it may be resolved in time to be included within the upcoming v3.3.x software update.
12-22-17, 06:48 PM (This post was last modified: 12-27-17 10:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for your reply. Indeed that's how they are intefaced.

I spent more time on this today and I found that if I removed the standard Navionics chips from the other displays that I now have access to the Platinum+ chip in the data master. Somehow, even though this was not an issue with a-series, it was causing a problem and the slave displays. Still seems like a bug. Seems like I should be able to have a different map chip in all 3 of the displays and all 3 of the displays should have access to the data.

Actually, it works sometimes, doesn't others. Mostly does not.

I appreciate your reply!

-tony
12-27-17, 10:30 AM
Tony,

Thanks for confirming that you have interfaced the MFDs to one another via an Ethernet network. However, at this time, it would not be recommended that more than one Navionics chart card be present within the system. Should you additionally have a LightHouse and/or C-Map chart cards, then they may also be used simultaneously with the Navionics chart card within the system. As indicated, Raymarine is currently seeking a correction to the reported behavior and would recommend that the system be used as indicated within this response until this problem has been corrected within a LightHouse 3 software update.
12-30-17, 02:10 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-18 03:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
I too am now having this problem. I pulled my SD card to register and update it, which went smoothly. However, when I reinstalled the card the second Axiom 12 no longer has the chart detail that it had previous to the update ; before, it had the exact same detail as the primary Axiom 12. As a sidenote “Autorouting” is now working though.
01-02-18, 02:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-18 03:07 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
George,

Thanks for the additional information concerning the chart sharing problem ... specifically, the information that
- the problem involves a Navionics+ chart card
- prior to a Navionics Freshest Data update, the cartography from the Navionics+ chart card was able to be accessed from any of the system's networked Axiom MFDs
- following the Navionics Freshest Data update, the cartography from the Navionics+ chart card was only able to be viewed within the MFD

This additional information has been forwarded to the engineering team to support investigation and correction of the Navionics chart sharing issue. This problem is currently being investigation as part of the LightHouse v3.3.x software development effort.
01-07-18, 04:17 PM
I have all 3 of my Axiom 12" displays at v3.2.101. I have only a Navionics platinum+ chip in the data master. All are networked via ethernet connection. All other networked assets are visible to all 3 of the Axioms (CP470, CP200, Evo AP, HD Digital radar etc).

The behavior/availability of the Navionics+ charts on the 2 non-data master displays is not at all predictable. Sometimes available, sometimes not with no apparent pattern to the availability.

Any suggestions would be very greatly appreciated. This was not at all a problem when my systems was networked A125/A125/A128 MFDs. Kind of regretting the upgrade at this point.
01-09-18, 09:05 AM
Tony,

Per my earlier response, Raymarine is currently investigating the problem, with the current expectation that it may be resolved in time to be included within the upcoming v3.3.x software update, the release of which is imminent. The problem presently appears to be limited networked Axiom / Axiom Pro MFDs using Navionics cartography (Navionics+, Navionics Platinum Plus, etc.) which has received a Navionics Freshest Data update.
01-09-18, 04:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-09-18 04:54 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you Chuck - and confirmed that I subscribe to and get the freshest data updates.
01-09-18, 04:55 PM
You're welcome and thanks for the confirmation.