Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
08-11-18, 12:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-14-18 02:29 PM by DRFASailboater.)
RE: [CA] Navionics Platinum+ maps shared between Axiom displays?
I have three Chart plotters. Raymarine Axiom 7 "with Real vision Axiom 12" and Axiom Pro 9" with Chirp sonar and Charts(Lighthouse NOAA).Going and purchasing a Navionics Chart chip for the west coast. I used the Navionics installer to update the chip before inserting the chip to any one of the displays. After using the Navionics chart installer with the 12" display listed as the plotter that I am using. I can have Navionic's chart data displayed on the 7" & 12" but not the 9" pro version. When I look at the 9" it won't display Navionics charts like the others or any chart. Until I update Micro SD with the plotter selected as the 9" pro. Then the 7" & 12" won't display Navionics charts or any other. This also prevents me from using the Lighthouse NOAA charts located on and acquired with the 9" Pro. On the other two with Navionics charts selected when the chip is located in the 9" Pro. Seeing as the 7" and 12" didn't come with any charts. Lighthouse NOAA Charts also don't appear when attempting to have Navionics on any of the displays.

Sent a request to Navionics for a clarification and hopefully a resolution to this technical issue.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-13-18, 12:36 PM
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum DRFASailboater,

Which version of LightHouse 3 software is presently installed within each of the MFD's? How have the MFD's been interfaced to one another
a) each as spurs to a powered and properly terminated NMEA 2000 backbone, or
b) via an Ethernet network (through a HS5 RayNet Network Switch? or via direct connection between the Axiom Pro MFD with each of the two Axiom MFDs?
08-14-18, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-18 04:01 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I updated the MFDs to the current available Software version. Can't check what the number is at present as I am having difficulties with updating them again or over writing the soft update(using the same and most current software version) to hopefully resolve connections issues with a Wireless Wind transducer and its micronet remote. I also rewrote parts of the last reply. After noticing that I stated C-Maps when I meant having Lighthouse NOAA Charts.

I must add that after updating the software to the current available version. That the MFDS now read Navionics charts across all screens. That when updating it was a nice surprise to be able to update all MFDs from one micro sd in the back of a single MFD. Thank you
08-14-18, 05:29 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-18 06:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I would say B as I see a HS-5 located in the arrangement. I am attempting to upload a Schematic for easy reference. There is E22158-seatalk-stng-converter s/n:1240884 some where in the system that interferes with sources of data being listed on the network page at the data master display. But not sure its relevance to this issue.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  ElectronicsSchematic.pdf (Size: 193.06 KB / Downloads: 324)
08-15-18, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 08-21-18 09:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
DRFASailboater,

Please note that there is either an error within the submitted system diagram or within installation. More specifically, the base station for the SmartController does not feature a SeaTalkng / NMEA 2000 communications interface and as such the base station may not be installed as a spur to the backbone. Instead, the base station must be interfaced to the backbone via a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter. I suspect that this is the one which you have referenced. Should the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter have very early software within its memory, then it may block Data Source Selection and other features. The SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter is designed to be updated by Axiom MFDs which have been updated with the latest software. The LightHouse 3 v3.6.32 compressed folder which may be downloaded from the Software updates web page contains software updates for all devices which an Axiom MFD is presently capable of updating. Should one select the options displayed to update the system's other devices when updating the Axiom MFD's software, then the software within the system's other devices will be updated accordingly.

Please execute the following commands on the Data Master MFD and then attach the files produced to this thread for further analysis:
- HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->PRODUCT INFO->SAVE DATA) ... save product info into a file titled Raymarine/My Data/Diagnostics_.json on the microSD memory card
- HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE LOGS) ... save product info into a file titled Crash_xxx_yyy.log.log (there may be more than one); where [censored] is the product ID / serial no. and yyy is the date.
- HOME->SETTINGS->NETWORK->DIAGNOSTICS->SAVE SYSTEM LOGS) ... save product info into a file titled logs/Summary_xxx_yyy.log; where [censored] is the product ID / serial no. and yyy is the date.
08-18-18, 08:04 PM (This post was last modified: 08-22-18 09:09 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
I don't see the two Ray MIC 260's only one listed. Waiting for boaster to get the information from the wireless wind transducer. But I get intermittent connectivity. Micro talk is listed but not he remote. No GPS listed, the Tri multisensory is listed a DST200 when its DST800

Sorry I see I didn't attach he Schematic to the last post. Here it is.

What is a smart controller? I am unsure if this is the converter. Of which appears from the schematic to be connecting and for use with the SSB Icom IC-M802

The "Save Logs" file shows zero. Pressing the interface button with the quoted titled doesn't produce any saves to SD. So I can't provide any of those.

Attached File(s)
.json  Raymarine}Mydata}Diagnotics_.json (Size: 10.67 KB / Downloads: 224)
.pdf  ElectronicsSchematic.pdf (Size: 193.06 KB / Downloads: 302)
.log  FullSystem_E70481-03801462018-08-21_213538.log (Size: 3.18 MB / Downloads: 248)
08-22-18, 09:47 AM
DRFASailboater,

General comments regarding the system diagram:
- It should be noted that the backbone's power insertion spur socket is not located at the approximate mid-point of the backbone's LEN load ... in fact, it appears to be located at the extreme end of one side of the backbone. Our recommended best installation practice calls for powering the backbone via a dedicated 12VDC switched circuit having an insertion point at the approximate mid-point of the backbone's LEN load.
- Within the center of the diagram, a SmartController Wireless Autopilot Controller and its wireless base station is shown. The diagram incorrectly shows the SmartController's wireless base station being interfaced as a spur to the backbone. SmartController's wireless base station must be interfaced to the SeaTalk socket of a SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter which has been updated with the latest available product software.

Comments regarding the Diagnostics...json file (Devices list):
- The software within the following components has not been updated with latest available Raymarine product software update and should be updated accordingly:
----- one of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters (S/N 1240884)
----- EV-1 autopilot course computer ... please click here to view a FAQ addressing actions to be taken after updating Evolution autopilot software.

- Only devices which have been interfaced as spurs to the backbone and/or have been interfaced to the system via an Ethernet network will be listed. As RayMics are not designed to be interfaced directly to the backbone (the interface to the Ray260), they will not be listed via this diagnostics feature.

- Logs may be created as a result of software errors/crashes. If the Save Logs option specifies (0), then no logs have been generated and this diagnostic feature may be skipped.

After addressing the items listed above, should the problem with the MicroTalk persist (although off topic ... thread was started to address Navionics chart sharing), then please respond accordingly.
08-28-18, 03:02 PM (This post was last modified: 08-29-18 10:14 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi,

I went and got the software updates. For the ACU400, EV-1 and p70. They looked like the same file. Same label file type and name; ray_Pilots-Web.upgrade Different software version on the ACU. 3.02 on the EV-1 and P70. 2.23 on the ACU

When I got the files. I also picked up the convert mentioned above software's update. When I inserted the SD the only one that I wasn't requested to reinstall the current version of from the SD that match's the version already on the device. Was for the EV-1. I have selected to update all regardless of current software version regardless of have what on any one device before providing new software. After choosing to do this. I received notice that software is updating for several hours and it never completed. I have two now had this experience and have had to just switch off the breaker to recover. Mainly as i can't wait days for this possibly to complete.

About the placement of the item marked E70196 from the diagram. Its obvious the diagram supplied by the boat representative. Is incorrect. There is one yellow center convert told about to me from attempting to access data sources. A (S/N 1240884) while a E70196 is listed on the diagram. I have to assume there is a E70196 as i can't confirm it or (S/N 1240884) by just reading it off the side. Or back because they have been been mounted. But there are two yellow centered connections which are either or of the converters. Or both could be different. These yellow centered connections are actually located in the center at the Nav station or what could be the middle of the Sea talking spine. I assume this as i can't necessarily trace out the lengths. There is a five connector at the end where E70196 is shown to be. That has blue and white connections.
08-29-18, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 08-29-18 10:42 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
DRFASailboater,

Q1.
A1. The ray_Pilots-Web.upgrade.iso file contains the software updates for EV-1/ EV-2 CCUs, ACUs, p70/p70R/p70S/p70RS autopilot control heads. The instructions for updating an Evolution autopilot's software call for updating the EV-1/ EV-2 CCU prior to updating the software within the ACU and autopilot control head. It is recommended that the ACU and autopilot control head be temporarily unplugged from the backbone and that the EV-1 CCU's software be updated. Upon completion, the EV-1 CCU may be unplugged from the backbone, the ACU and autopilot control head be plugged back into the backbone and then updated. Upon completion of the updates, then the EV-1 CCU may be plugged back into the backbone. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing actions which must be undertaken following an Evolution autopilot software update.

Q2. About the placement of the item marked E70196 from the diagram. Its obvious the diagram supplied by the boat representative. Is incorrect. There is one yellow center convert told about to me from attempting to access data sources. A (S/N 1240884) while a E70196 is listed on the diagram. I have to assume there is a E70196 as i can't confirm it or (S/N 1240884) by just reading it off the side. Or back because they have been been mounted. But there are two yellow centered connections which are either or of the converters. Or both could be different. These yellow centered connections are actually located in the center at the Nav station or what could be the middle of the Sea talking spine. I assume this as i can't necessarily trace out the lengths. There is a five connector at the end where E70196 is shown to be. That has blue and white connections.
A2. Should the devices having the yellow center sockets look like the device pictured below, then they are indeed E70196 SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converters:

[Image: ST1%20to%20STNG%20Converter.jpg]

One of the ST-STng Converters is being used to support the SmartController's wireless base station, and the second ST-STng Converter is being used to supply GPS data in 4800 BAUD NMEA 0183 format to the third party VHF radio. The part number label for these devices may be found on the bulkhead facing side of the ST-STng Converter.
08-29-18, 03:35 PM (This post was last modified: 08-30-18 08:04 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Well the picture you have supplied shows manufacture markings on one side. If they are like you said located on the side opposite the connection points. Then there not easy to locate and would require my removing them from mounting. It seems given then we have discovered what these connectors are, there location in the backbone and intended use. This helps, thank you, for my completeness of knowledge concerning the electronic package.

To be noted. There wasn't a hardware stalling out for hours. This was my interpretation of events. While the master display was waiting for my confirmation of updates installed. Once I exited this update screen on the master display. The other MFDs reverted from the update in progress screen to the home screen. That is on this one software update. This once before had necessitated me flipping the breaker to recover when updating the MFD software.

Also I didn't unplug any of the auto pilot hardware. I got the updates for the software in one file. Choose to reinstall the software even though the p70s and ACU had the current versions. Using a MFD it is stated in the link provided that the MFD would prioritize the install for starting with the EV1.

I will make this the last post in this thread. Seeing as I have strayed from the original topic with my questions concerning such aspects as. Being unable to configure data sources manually due to the interference of the E22158 (S/N:1240884). Also that I am unable to get consistent or prolong readings from the Mast head Wireless Wind transducer even after adding at wireless Mast Rotation Transmitter as a relay. I guess its a relay. But it hasn't improved or alleviated the connections issues.

Those two technical issues remaining. Is there a forum area I should be posting these two items to be addressed? Either separately or together? I also wish to inquire if it would be best for me to delete the previous postings and attachments. To as not leave them located within the wrong thread for support. Should I copy everything I've posted and reattach the files to new postings for requesting support?