Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom issues
12-24-17, 07:57 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-17 02:13 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom issues
I recently had my dealer upgrade from my old RL80C units to 5 Axiom units. We left the old transducer in place (was feeding the L1250 fishfinder) and used the Raymarine adapter cable (RV to CP370) to feed the Axiom RV unit. We also installed a Super HD radar and all units are networked via 2 HS switches and a ST backbone.

The following issues are existing:
1) Depth readings are fine but there is no temp display (it was there on the L1250). I tried all of the possible transducer choices but no change. I do not know the model of the transducer.

2) I am using the C-Map 4D card and cannot access tide info. The Axiom manual states that tide info is available on Navionics charts. The C-Map card provides tide info so I find it difficult to believe that the Axiom would not display the info. Could this be available on a future LH 3 update? I am using the latest update.

3) Bird mode appears as a settings choice in the radar app but it cannot be selected.

4) I would like to keep in use my existing Raymarine analog cameras but place them on the new network. Your forum states that the Axis M70 series encoders can be used.
The research I have done on this states that the M7014 (4 channel) provides one IP address but 4 video streams. If I use this encoder will I be able to select which camera feed I want to see through my Axiom MFDs. The subject is a bit confusing.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Marc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-27-17, 04:40 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-17 02:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom issues
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Marc,

Q1) Depth readings are fine but there is no temp display (it was there on the L1250). I tried all of the possible transducer choices but no change. I do not know the model of the transducer.
A1) Please refer to Chapter 6.2: Data overlays of the LightHouse 3 Advanced Operation Instructions for information concerning how to overlay the MFD's pages with data items of your choosing. Should you have configured the MFD's page to display the Water Temp data item and should is reported value be -.-, then it will be necessary to know the model of transducer which has been interfaced to the system. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing ow to identify the model of transducer which is presently installed.

Q2) I am using the C-Map 4D card and cannot access tide info. The Axiom manual states that tide info is available on Navionics charts. Could this be available on a future LH 3 update? I am using the latest update.
A2) As of the LH v3.2.101 software update, tide and current information may only be displayed by configuring the Tides Chart application layer ON and then examining the direction/velocity or height information displayed as part of the animated current or tide icon. Tide and current graphs are currently planned for a future LH 3 software update.

Q3) Bird mode appears as a settings choice in the radar app but it cannot be selected.
A3) Please respond with the model number and serial number of the radar pedestal which has been installed onboard.

Q4) I would like to keep in use my existing Raymarine analog cameras but place them on the new network. Your forum states that the Axis M70 series encoders can be used. The research I have done on this states that the M7014 (4 channel) provides one IP address but 4 video streams. If I use this encoder will I be able to select which camera feed I want to see through my Axiom MFDs. The subject is a bit confusing.
A4) Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Our experience with the M7014 is that it would combine the video from up to four analog video sources into a single stream via a single IP. If desiring to view full screen video from each camera, then it would be recommended that an AXIS M7011 be obtained for each camera.
12-27-17, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-17 02:14 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for your reply Chuck. The radar pedestal is a 4KW SHD Open Array (part # E52081R). The sn is 1070053. I will try to identify the transducer.

Thanks again,
Marc
12-28-17, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-17 02:12 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Marc,

Q1. The radar pedestal is a 4KW SHD Open Array (part # E52081R). The sn is 1070053.
A1. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject. Based upon the pedestal's part number, your remanufactured 4KW SHD Open Array Pedestal does not feature the design enhancement required for Bird Mode. Should your dealer have erroneously identified the remanufactured pedestal as one which had the enhancement to support Bird Mode, then it is recommended and should the pedestal have been purchased within the last 30 days, then it is recommended that the dealer be contacted to return your pedestal.

Q2. I will try to identify the transducer.
A2. Before seeking to identify the transducer, it is recommended that address my prior comment regarding displaying the Water Temp data item and to then determine whether -.- is being reported for its value.
12-28-17, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 12-28-17 04:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thank you for your explanation Chuck. Even without the bird mode the radar is far superior to my old analog open array. Have a happy New Year!
Marc
12-28-17, 04:52 PM
You're welcome.