Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Type 150/400 course computer
12-28-17, 04:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 08:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Type 150/400 course computer
I have multiple questions but I think they have the same answer. First, I was wandering if it is posible to get the rudder info from my raymarine type 150/400 course computer and send it to my coastal exploerer using one of the nmea 183 outputs (RSA Rudder Sensor Alignment).

Second, could I use nmea 183 (GGA Golbal positioning data) and send it to the couse computer which is connected to my sea talk - since I have the dreaded NO FIX on my raymarine RL80C Pathfinder. (I think it's due to a broken Raystar 120)

I have satrted a nmea 183 - 2000 backbone with a computer (coastal exploerer) and have it talking to the ST6001 autopilot via (nmea in). I can create a route on costal ex and the course computer will track and follow. I have GPS just not in the sea talk part of my system.

Thanx Darin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-29-17, 08:50 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-17 08:52 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Type 150/400 course computer
Darin,

Please note that autopilots are not designed to be complete NMEA 0183 to SeaTalk data bridging devices. Raymarine had introduced the E85001 PC/SeaTalk/NMEA 0183 Interface Module to support bridging data between NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk. However, please note that SeaTalkng is an extension of the NMEA 2000 communications protocol. Should you have created a NMEA 2000 backbone as I believe that you have indicated, then it would be recommended that the NMEA 0183 interface to the Raymarine equipment be disconnected. A SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter may instead be installed as a backbone component within your NMEA 2000 backbone to support bridging of data between the SeaTalk the Raymarine product(s) and the other items within your system. Should the Raystar 120 GPS Sensor have failed, then it should be disconnected from the system to prevent data conflicts.
12-29-17, 02:23 PM
Thank you Chuck -
I kinda new the course computer would not take the place of the E85001. So to clarify, if I use a ST2 Adaptor spur Cable SeaTalk2 to SeaTalkng plug one end into existing SeaTalk 3 pin.... - Will the 5 pin end plug into the nmea backbone? Or will there be conflicts?

My setup is great-
3 vhf Ray230 stations, rl80c, rl70c, depth sounder, 2 auto pilot stations, remote auto pilot. It's a great 14yr old system that all works except gps.
Darin
12-29-17, 05:28 PM
Darin,

Q1: If I use a ST2 Adaptor spur Cable SeaTalk2 to SeaTalkng plug one end into existing SeaTalk 3 pin.... - Will the 5 pin end plug into the nmea backbone? Or will there be conflicts?
A1: Your suggestion regarding use of the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Spur Socket Adapter is not valid for the stated purpose. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.