Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] RAYMARINE ES97 MFD 9" W/NAVIONICS
01-01-18, 01:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-18 10:37 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] RAYMARINE ES97 MFD 9" W/NAVIONICS
I had sent this unit in because it was not recognizing the depth sounder and it came back working. Since then it continually jumps all over the chart when I am using it. It will ask if I want to change course. The boat icon jumps all over the screen. The chart will change from the view I want to maximum view at any time. In effect, the touch screen is either unusable or it is jumping all over the place. I is acting like it is possessed if that makes any sense. Is there anything I can do to make this better. I am sailing around the world, cannot go without one again. I need this plotter to work and be consistent. What can you do for me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-18, 03:19 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-18 03:21 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] RAYMARINE ES97 MFD 9" W/NAVIONICS
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Theros,

The reported issues may be indicative of
- an incorrect configuration setting with regard to the system's GPS data source
- an incorrect installation (location not suitable for a touchscreen)
- an incorrect installation (location not suitable for GPS signal reception)
- a failure within the MFD's touchscreen circuitry
- a failure of the MFD's GPS receiver circuity

Is the MFD installed in a location protecting it from rain and spray? Does the reported problem occur under dry operating conditions? Is the MFD installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead? Is the system equipped within an external GPS sensor or GA150 GPS Antenna? If so has the external GPS sensor or GA150 GPS Antenna been installed in a location affording it an unobstructed view of the skies overhead? Should the system be interfaced to an external GPS senor or to a GPS data source other than the MFD's internal GPS receiver, has the Data Sources feature been configured to specify which source of GPS data will be utilized by the system?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply