Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom screen frozen
01-10-18, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-18 11:25 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom screen frozen
For the 2nd time now my weeks old Axiom 7 MFD has frozen on me. The screen does not react to touch and the power button is also dead. The unit is 2 software updates behind but the last 2 updates were for the Axiom Pro only so I didn't bother.

Any leads? Return it? Currently in Grenada at anchor depending on the anchor alarm to wake me up in a squall so I I'm not getting a real warm fuzzy right now. I am repowering my old e7 as a backup. The old e7 has a screen problem so I upgraded to the Axiom. BTW the alarm is way too low in volume to be useful and there is no screen saver/dimmer like the e7 that would return to normal brightness with an alarm.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-18, 02:30 PM
RE: [CA] Axiom screen frozen
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum sailcm44,

As software updates often include feature corrections not listed in the software history table, I would recommend updating the MFD with the latest available LightHouse 3 software and then command the MFD to reset to its factory settings. Should the problems persist and be able to be duplicated with no chart card within the MFD's memory card reader, then it would be recommended that the MFD be sent to Raymarine’s Product Repair Center to be bench checked / serviced.

At the time of this response, the LightHouse II PowerSave mode feature had not yet been included within a LightHouse 3 software update. Many more features common to LightHouse II v19.03 remain to be added to LightHouse 3 and this feature request has been logged accordingly. Please click here to view the FAQs addressing LightHouse 3 software development.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply