Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Raymarine S3 autopilot head disconnect when Garmin on Network
01-15-18, 10:56 AM (This post was last modified: 01-24-18 12:05 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Raymarine S3 autopilot head disconnect when Garmin on Network
Hello -

I have a Raymarine network (NMEA2000) that contains:

Axiom Pro 12 with Quantum Radar
p70
p70s
i70s x2
iTC-5 connected to Wind/Depth/Speed
S3 autopilot via Seatalk to SeatalkNG converter (12V wire DISCONNECTED at autopilot)
SeatalkNG powered directly from 12V supply via 5port SeatalkNG hub
Vesper Marine AIS

... and a GARMIN GPSMap 741 xs chartplotter (which has no connections other than the NMEA2000 to the SeatalkNG net)

Except for the p70, all devices are within 90cm of each other.

Everything works well when the GARMIN is not powered on. When powering on the GARMIN, things work, but there is a random glitch (sometimes it works for days, sometimes it works for minutes until the glitch shows up) where the autopilot head gets disconnected (warning message "Auto Pilot Head Disconnected"), resulting in the autopilot getting disengaged.

- I rearranged the network access locations to ensure that the Axiom and Garmin are close to the power feed (suspected 12V issue) but no change
- I turned OFF all outgoing messages on the GARMINm, but no change

Thoughts?

PS: Sending same message to GARMIN.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-24-18, 12:10 PM
RE: [CA] Raymarine S3 autopilot head disconnect when Garmin on Network
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum cplenz,

Please attach a system diagram to this thread identifying how you have interfaced these products to one another. Please additionally indicate what version of software has been installed within the SeaTalk to SeaTalkng Converter and each of the autopilot components. To do so, the p70 or p70S may temporarily be interfaced as a spur to the SeaTalkng backbone to permit this information to be obtained via the autopilot control head's Diagnostic menu.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply