Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Dragonfly 4 problem
01-15-18, 11:19 AM (This post was last modified: 01-29-18 12:10 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Dragonfly 4 problem
I have installed a Dragonfly 4 downvision and it operates great till 150 feet depth. Deeper than that it cant tell de depth neither the bottom plot, neither moving, neither stationary on the water. What could be the problem?
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-15-18, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-15-18 11:38 AM by Dave - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: Dragonfly 4 problem
Hi esteban525 and welcome to the Raymarine forum,

In a situation such as yours, we suggest the following:

1. Make sure the transducer is fully submerged in the water.
2. Try changing the angle of your transducer and re-test marking bottom.

If you do not experience better performance with those two techniques, I suggest sending the DF4 in for evaluation. You can fill out a repair request following the prompts Here.

- Dave
01-28-18, 03:09 PM
RE: Dragonfly 4 problem
Hi , I already solve that with the software update.
Now the problem is loss of reported depth and bottom graphic at planning speeds, but works great when boat is stationary or at trolling speeds.
I'm attaching 5 pictures to this post, so you can advise me where is the best location for the transducer on my rib's transom.
Thanks
01-29-18, 12:07 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-18 01:31 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Dragonfly 4 problem
esteban525,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject ... and particularly examine the included photo showing hull aeration caused by the lifting strakes. Your transducer appears to be installed directly aft of one your boat's strakes. You may want to try first relocating the transducer to a location on the transom which is midway between the lifting strakes. Performance may further be improved by dropping the aft end of transducer a notch or two.