Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) Ready to get my old Raymarine AP working S1 Course Computer.
01-16-18, 07:59 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-18 10:09 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
After 2 years of owning the boat, the ONLY thing that doesn't work is the AP. It is an older S1 with ST8002 and a ST6002 at the upper station.

I just repaired the rudder indicator -- and now get nice even resolution on the bar indicator.

I am trying to determine what the latest version of firmware is for the S1 and what changes were made from update to update to see if this is something I should do. I *think* (going by memory) that the current is v.3.04... I know the ST8002 is @ v5.00.
The diagnostics show that there are approximately 50 hours on the AP. (Assuming that is what it means when I continue to scroll through the ST8002 version information).

I have not been out to seatrial calibrate since repairing the rudder bar, so I am not certain upgrading the firmware for the S1 is prudent or needed.

There is no Gyro on the S1.

The pump is working correctly. The link between the E120 and the S1 is also working. (Shows when in auto and when in standby).

Prior to repairing the rudder indicator I was able to successfully complete the compass calibration (2 full wide turns via Seatrial mode). I was unable to complete the zig-zag portion of the test... likely due to the malfunctioning rudder indicator.

The balance of the system is a E120 with DSM300 and SeaTalkHS, and a 10KW Open Array 4' Radar.

Application:
2006 WorldCat 320EC
Twin Suzuki 300AP (2017)

Please let me know if there are any other pertinent questions.

E120 Classic (Master) & E80 Classic (Upper Station) - 10KW 4' Open - DSM300 w/Airmar M260 - S1 AP (Type 1 Pump) w/8002 & 6002 - SeaTalkHG - And... lots and lots of wire and boxes. :-)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-18, 10:16 AM
RE: (DG) Ready to get my old Raymarine AP working S1 Course Computer.
Hi OldPete
Thank you for your enquiry.

The most recent software for the S1 course computer was 4.63, there were limited changes in this version restricted to steering algorithms modified to improve track keeping when steering to a waypoint.

If the pilot steers correctly now, then these changes are unlikely to be noticed.

regards
01-18-18, 06:52 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-18 05:51 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Hi Derek,

Many thanks for the reply. I'm willing to make the needed serial cable... and have the hardware to make it happen. Is there a source for the 4.63 software?

I intend to try and get it to work before upgrading -- but would like to be able to do so if needed. :)

E120 Classic (Master) & E80 Classic (Upper Station) - 10KW 4' Open - DSM300 w/Airmar M260 - S1 AP (Type 1 Pump) w/8002 & 6002 - SeaTalkHG - And... lots and lots of wire and boxes. :-)
01-19-18, 05:53 AM
Hi OldPete

The Software can only be sourced through our Service repair facility and so you will need to contact them direct.

However, in general we only recommend this update is done in our workshop, since there is a risk of locking the unit up and corrupting the processor.
Regards
01-19-18, 06:17 AM (This post was last modified: 01-22-18 07:16 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Doh! Ok... I think I'll get her operational before worrying about any of that then!

Appreciate all the help! :)

Pete

01-22-18, 07:16 AM
You're welcome!