Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(DG) New Spx10 calibration/setup
01-16-18, 09:51 AM (This post was last modified: 01-18-18 11:57 AM by Derek - Raymarine - Moderator.)
(DG) New Spx10 calibration/setup
Hi, i have just upgraded my autopilot and purchased a used raymarine smartpilot x10, as well as a st6002 control head. These are both second hand and from seperate people (never used together), is it recomended to do a factory reset of them and recalibrate them from scratch. The manuals say this is not recomended without advise from raymarine, but i guess they need fully setting up for my boat. Thanks for your help. Simon
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-18, 12:23 PM
RE: (DG) New Spx10 calibration/setup
Hi jono63812
thank you for your enquiry.

The SPX versions of Autopilots have a RESET option in the calibration, there is no problem using this, just remember that it will reset everything in the pilot to the default values that are preset when the unit leaves the factory. So you will need to set up everything, vessel type, drive type, rudder limits etc. etc . . . . , it is not difficult, but just take your time and be methodical.

This link click here helps explain some parts of the calibration with regards to compass location.

This link click here helps explain the rudder angle calibration.

regards
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply