Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
software update question
01-18-18, 10:56 AM
software update question
I have an e7 MFD and updated the software to version 19.03 shortly after the April update was released. I see the latest update is still listed as 19.03, the one released in April, but looking down into the release notes is looks like additional more recent updates may be available for certain instruments. For example, software for the i70 is apparently updated in December to version 3.11 from 3.08. If I insert a chip with the current update can I update any other peripherals without having to reload the entire update? I am hoping not to have to recalibrate my autopilot as a result of this update to the i70.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-18, 12:05 PM
RE: software update question
Hi mraphael,

You absolutely can update specific units by following these instructions: Power on your display and then insert the updated card. The display should then prompt you to update your units. From that point, you will be able to pick and choose the units you would like to update.

If your display does not prompt you to update when you insert the card, follow these instructions: From the home screen, press Setup > Maintenance > Check card for updates.

- Dave
01-18-18, 05:58 PM
Thanks - I was able to update just as you suggested. Now I have another question. One of the items updated was my ACU400 course computer. Will that update necessitate recommissioning my autopilot?
01-19-18, 03:44 PM
Hi mraphael,

In short, yes. After updating an ACU it is necessary to re-calibrate the unit.

- Dave