Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Installing an Axiom MFD
01-23-18, 09:47 AM (This post was last modified: 01-23-18 10:51 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Installing an Axiom MFD
I’m in the process of installing a major update on my Boston Whaler Montauk 190-2011 electronics equipped with Mercury EFI Fourstroke 150-2015 adding a 2nd engine for safety and trolling purposes (Mercury 9.9 Fourstroke long shaft).
I plan to replace my electronics dismissing the old Raymarine A7d and acquiring a new Axiom 9” (I mean the standard model, not the PRO).
The Axiom will sport the complete fishfinder set (3d, sidevision and downvision) with an RV100 transom mount transducer and, very probably, an EV100 autopilot too.
As it is a major a very costly update, I want to make sure of everything before throwing a lot of money into the boat.
I have now a couple of questions:

Is there any better alternative to RV100 transducer taking into account that I cannot install a thru hull transducer and I can only install a transom mount transducer?

Is it possible to display on the Axiom screen the Mercury (main engine) data?
Should I buy some adapter or converter?

Thank you for your help.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-23-18, 11:35 AM
RE: [CA] Installing an Axiom MFD
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Jack,

Q1. Is there any better alternative to RV100 transducer taking into account that I cannot install a thru hull transducer and I can only install a transom mount transducer?
A1. As the power output of RV, DV, and SideVision transducers is relatively low, these transducers must be installed such that they are in direct contact with the water outside of the hull and have no interfering structures to the right or left of the transducer which would interfere with the transducer's beam (180 degrees below horizontal). Accordingly, in-hull versions of these transducers are not offered by Raymarine. Should you not be able to install a thru-hull transducer, then the only option for supporting RealVision, DownVision, and SideVision sonar imaging would be the RV100 transducer. For those additionally seeking 50kHz / 200kHz sonar imaging at speeds that may cause an aerated flow of water across the face of the RV100 transducer, it would be recommended that an A80491 Y-Cable be installed, permitting both the RV100 and a low profile thru-hull or in-hull 600W 50kHz / 200kHz a-Series Transducer to both be interfaced to the Axiom RV MFD.

Q2. Is it possible to display on the Axiom screen the Mercury (main engine) data? Should I buy some adapter or converter?
A2. Yes. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing this subject.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply