Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Replacing an es97 with an Axiom Pro 16 RVX
01-29-18, 10:09 AM (This post was last modified: 02-15-18 09:57 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Replacing an es97 with an Axiom Pro 16 RVX
Mark,

Q1. I don't know if the speed info will be passed thru to the new MFD through the SeaTalk connection?
A1. This would be dependent upon which data items the Mercury engine gateway bridges to NMEA 2000 ... typically, such data is limited to engine data.

Q2. If not the integrated GPS should provide SOG?
A2. Absolutely. If the MFD is receiving a GPS position FIX from either its internal GPS receiver or from and external GPS data source, then configuring the MFD to overlay the display with the SOG data item will then permit the MFD to display speed over ground data.

Q3. There is an Airmar accessory cable(customer part #E66066) connected to the transducer port of the eS97. I am assuming that the B60 (customer part #E66085) is connected to that accessory cable? If this B60 is not the correct version to connect to the new Axiom Pro 16 RVX could you provide the proper part number?
A3. The E66066 Transducer adapter cable is designed to adapt transducers which had been designed to be directly mated (i.e. no adaptation) to the transducer socket of a CP370, CP300, DSM30, DSM300, or DSM250 to instead be mated to the fishfinder Transducer socket of and ax7/cx7/e7D/ex7/eSx7 MFD. Disconnecting the B60's cable from the E66066 adapter should then permit the transducer's cable to be plugged into the aforementioned A80496 Adapter for the Axiom Pro RVX MFD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: [CA] Replacing an es97 with an Axiom Pro 16 RVX - Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator - 01-29-18 10:09 AM