The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 802 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 802 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Providing Navigation Input to a ST6000 Course Computer
01-25-18, 10:41 AM (This post was last modified: 01-25-18 02:03 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Providing Navigation Input to a ST6000 Course Computer
I have an older ST6000 Autohelm system. The control head is a ST6001+ and the course computer is a ST6000 (Z123).

My first question concerns the course computer. Is this commonly referred to as anything else? I can find little to no documentation that refers to this computer other than the Autohelm Inboard Autopilots (ST6000 and ST7000 systems) Service Manual.

Second question: I would like to connect this system to a newer Furuno chartplotter via NMEA 0183 to get tracking information. Since the chartplotter is new, it employs a differential interface with two signal wires. The ST6001+ control head is expecting a single ended interface implemented with one signal wire and a common ground. Will I get a proper signal if I wire these two together with the A+ chartplotter signal wire going to the ST6001+ plus connection and the chartplotter ground going to the ST6001+ minus connection? Seems like I should.

Third question: Assuming the above will work, is it possible to connect a GyroPlus 2 unit to the system by moving the Fluxgate compass connection to it and connecting a Seatalk cable from the GyroPlus 2 to the ST6001+? Will this work, or am I just asking too much from this old reliable system?

Thanks.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
[CA] Providing Navigation Input to a ST6000 Course Computer - timtyler - 01-25-18 10:41 AM