Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom sample screens displaying engine management data
01-26-18, 01:13 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-18 01:52 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom sample screens displaying engine management data
I have a 2007 Sea Ray 310 Sundancer with the OEM-installed NorthStar 6000i, SmartCraft engines and Mercury SystemView SC5000 SmartCraft display.

I am interested in replacing this equipment with at least one Axiom 9 display. Because of the dated nature of the SC5000 SmartCraft display, I am considering removing it completely in favor of the SmartCraft NMEA gateway and using the helm space for a second MFD display. A current VesselView SmartCraft display (VV 7) is more expensive and as far as I can tell less functional than a second Axiom 9 display would be.

Are there any good screenshots of Axiom MFDs showing engine data obtained via NMEA2000? I'm curious about general layout, display format and that sort of thing. The value proposition of the Vessel View isn't great but it does do a good job of arranging and displaying engine data.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-29-18, 02:34 PM (This post was last modified: 01-29-18 02:36 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom sample screens displaying engine management data
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum mobocracy,

Please click here to view a FAQ addressing how Axiom / Axiom Pro MFDs would be interfaced to a vessel's engine system. The simulated screen snapshot below is from an Axiom MFD. Data items within the MFD's engine data panel will be populated if the engine system 1) monitors the corresponding data items, 2) the NMEA 2000 engine gateway produces the corresponding NMEA 2000 PGNs from this data, and 3) includes engine instance IDs following the NMEA 2000 convention specified within the FAQ referenced above. Please note that while MFDs are capable of displaying common engine data and report engine alarms, purpose-built displays from the engine manufacturer may additionally support engine diagnostics.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1541]

Attached File(s)
.png  ScreenShot005.png (Size: 117 KB / Downloads: 10096)
01-30-18, 12:16 AM
Kad300's Engine actual output from "user defined" page on Axiom 9

Attached File(s)
.jpg  KAD300.jpg (Size: 223.59 KB / Downloads: 1261)
01-30-18, 09:10 AM
Noted.
01-30-18, 05:45 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-18 09:44 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks. Is an engine screen like that customizable? Can I substitute outdrive trim (PGN 127488) for trim tabs in that screen, for example? The Mercury NMEA2000 gateway supports additional data as well which might be nice to add to that screen.

It comes down to dash real estate, really, and two networked 9" Axioms seems more useful than a 9" Axion and a 7" Mercury VesselView.
01-31-18, 10:15 AM
mobocracy,

Unfortunately, the graphical trim tab data item displayed within the pre-configured Engines data panel cannot be replaced with engine tilt data items for the port and starboard engine. A feature request will be submitted to consider this feature for inclusion within a future LightHouse 3 software update. That said, numerical percentage values for these data items maybe substituted for the numerical battery voltage data items displayed within this panel.

Please click here more information concerning product and feature suggestions.
01-31-18, 10:33 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-18 11:27 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
Thanks again for the info.

Is there any manual or detailed information on customizing the engine monitoring screens?
01-31-18, 11:55 AM (This post was last modified: 01-31-18 11:55 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
mobocracy,

Detailed information concerning how to edit / customize the MFD's data panels may be found within Chapter 12: Dashboard app of the LightHouse 3.3 Advanced Operation Instructions.