Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] Axiom 9" with RMK-10 and Quantum 24C
01-28-18, 02:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-18 04:29 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] Axiom 9" with RMK-10 and Quantum 24C
I like the Axiom 9" with Navionics+ at the helm of my sailboat to replace existing RL70C but am concerned about exposure to rain (have a bimini over MFD) but navigation is mission critical and touch screen is not fail proof per your manual. A eS97 with Hybrid touch is a much more expensive solution ($2500 vs $1050). However, can I mount a RMK-10 ($349) on navpod next to Axiom to lockout touch control and use keypad for input? RMK-10 appears to have a Raynet connection so would I then need a HS-5 ($269) to connect Quantum 24C and RMK-10 before going to single network connection on Axiom, correct?
What is your most cost effective solution to my concern for accurate input and response into MFD during excessive wet conditions in the cockpit? The RL70C MFD is certainly old and dated technology but its user interface and screen are bullet proof.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-18, 04:28 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-18 04:35 PM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
RE: [CA] Axiom 9" with RMK-10 and Quantum 24C
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum Bill,

While it is possible to interface an Axiom 9 to an RMK-10, doing so would require additionally installing a HS5 RayNet Network Switch and to additionally pass a RayNet Cable down the binnacle tube. Per our phone conversation, the recommended solution for this application would be an Axiom Pro 9S MFD. This Axiom Pro 9S MFD would eliminate the additional costs and complexity of installing a HS5 RayNet Network Switch, RMK-10, and RayNet(F) to RayNet (F) Cable to interface the RMK-10 to the HS-5.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply