Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[CA] New MFDs Compatability with older systems
01-30-18, 09:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-30-18 10:02 AM by Chuck - Raymarine - Moderator.)
[CA] New MFDs Compatability with older systems
I purchased a 2009 Regal with twin E120 displays, auto pilot, serious weather, cameras, Seatalk, digital HD radar and remote control for the displays. I would like to upgrade the displays but I didn't want to upgrade everything at this time. Will the older equipment be compatible with the new displays?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-18, 10:28 AM
RE: [CA] New MFDs Compatability with older systems
Welcome to the Raymarine Forum jtc,

If replacing the E-Series Classic MFDs with a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs running LightHouse II software and should each of the Raymarine electronics products which the MFD is presently interfaced to also be of 2009 vintage, then it is likely that all of the items except the MFD remote control (autopilot remote controls are adaptable) may be interfaced to or adapted for use with a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of E-Series Classic MFDs with a/c/e/eS/gS-Series MFDs.

If replacing the E-Series Classic MFDs with Axiom MFDs and should each of the Raymarine electronics products which the MFD is presently interfaced to also be of 2009 vintage, then it is likely that all of the items except the MFD remote control (autopilot remote controls are adaptable), SR100 / SR6 Sirius Satellite Weather Receivers, and DSM30/300 may be interfaced to or adapted for use with Axiom or Axiom Pro MFDs. Please click here to view a FAQ addressing replacement of E-Series Classic MFDs with Axiom Pro MFDs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply